“Great lunch option”

Thai Spoon And Sushi
Ranked #859 of 9,494 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Bar, Sushi, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Campobello, South Carolina
“Great lunch option”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stopped in here to get some lunch. It was close to my hotel and I wanted to get carry out. I checked out the menu outside and saw they had many many choices which is good for me. I like spice in my food just not hot. I am not very experienced with Thai food so I wanted to made sure I had good selections. I chose Edamame as an appetizer, Tom Yum Shrimp,and Pad See Ew. The service was excellent and very quick. The waitress provided me with ice water while I waited for my order. The food was excellent. The flavor was good for everything and not spicy at all. Great for me but I could see where there were selections for anyone who wanted more spice. I intend to eat here at least one more time during my stay.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank SallyH812

Huber Heights, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Decent Thai Option”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stopped in here because it was close to the hotel and one of the few places we found where my vegan Fiancè could eat.

Lots of options on the menu when it comes to Thai food or sushi. I ordered the Pad See Ew and it was a decent dish. Large portion sizes but nothing was extremely special about the dish itself. One bonus I can think of is this place has fountain drinks for soda so you don't just get the can like some Thai restaurants.

Service was ok. Kind of slow but it was a Saturday night and it didn't seem like the waitress had a lot of help. Price was right for what we got and we left full. Would eat here again.

• Visited July 2013
Lakeland, FL
“Could've been better, could've been worse”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stopped in here because we were staying at the adjoining Travelodge. The prices were very reasonable; I had the daily special which happened to be Pad Thai with a spring roll for $7.99. OK, I'll confess I've never eaten at a Thai restaurant before, but I love the pad thai served at the college where I work. The spring roll was very different than I'm used to: cold and soft, unlike warm and crispy that I get at Chinese restaurants. It was tasty, though. The pad thai (hate to say it) wasn't as good as my college cafeteria. There you can taste noodles, chicken, peanuts, cilantro, carrots, and it's all served on sticky rice--yum! This pad thai was about 90% noodles with some kind of sauce. It was supposed to be served with all the above (except rice), but I couldn't taste any of it except for some chicken now and then. That said, it was pretty good. My husband had the seafood curry, medium spicy. The seafood blended in, so the only seafood he could really taste was the shrimp. He also said that the flavor got sort of monotonous as he ate (it was a big bowl, at least). Neither of us were really in love with this food. The service was on the bad side of average, but not horrible. We (and other diners near us) had to wait to place orders, get refills, get checks, and so on. I couldn't see any need-- the waitresses were right there behind the counter.

• Visited July 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Amazeballs!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here originally because we saw the "all you can sushi" sign. Once we were inside and started to look at the menus we saw all the wonderful Thai dishes. The food was fantastic! Service was amazing!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Shyve
New York City, New York
“Pleasant Services - Good Food”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I don't know what other reviewers rated this place on, but on the evening I went the two waitresses were more than pleasant and the service and quality of food was very good. The menu selection was excellent and dinner was reasonably priced. Keep in mind that this is NOT a high end Zagat rated restaurant. It is a local Thai - Asian place (almost diner-like) and the food was fresh and tasty, the place relatively clean (I didn't inspect the kitchen!) and a very good value.

Visited April 2013