“A Decent Thai Option”

Huber Heights, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Decent Thai Option”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stopped in here because it was close to the hotel and one of the few places we found where my vegan Fiancè could eat.

Lots of options on the menu when it comes to Thai food or sushi. I ordered the Pad See Ew and it was a decent dish. Large portion sizes but nothing was extremely special about the dish itself. One bonus I can think of is this place has fountain drinks for soda so you don't just get the can like some Thai restaurants.

Service was ok. Kind of slow but it was a Saturday night and it didn't seem like the waitress had a lot of help. Price was right for what we got and we left full. Would eat here again.

• Visited July 2013

Lakeland, FL
“Could've been better, could've been worse”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stopped in here because we were staying at the adjoining Travelodge. The prices were very reasonable; I had the daily special which happened to be Pad Thai with a spring roll for $7.99. OK, I'll confess I've never eaten at a Thai restaurant before, but I love the pad thai served at the college where I work. The spring roll was very different than I'm used to: cold and soft, unlike warm and crispy that I get at Chinese restaurants. It was tasty, though. The pad thai (hate to say it) wasn't as good as my college cafeteria. There you can taste noodles, chicken, peanuts, cilantro, carrots, and it's all served on sticky rice--yum! This pad thai was about 90% noodles with some kind of sauce. It was supposed to be served with all the above (except rice), but I couldn't taste any of it except for some chicken now and then. That said, it was pretty good. My husband had the seafood curry, medium spicy. The seafood blended in, so the only seafood he could really taste was the shrimp. He also said that the flavor got sort of monotonous as he ate (it was a big bowl, at least). Neither of us were really in love with this food. The service was on the bad side of average, but not horrible. We (and other diners near us) had to wait to place orders, get refills, get checks, and so on. I couldn't see any need-- the waitresses were right there behind the counter.

• Visited July 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Amazeballs!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here originally because we saw the "all you can sushi" sign. Once we were inside and started to look at the menus we saw all the wonderful Thai dishes. The food was fantastic! Service was amazing!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Shyve
New York City, New York
“Pleasant Services - Good Food”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I don't know what other reviewers rated this place on, but on the evening I went the two waitresses were more than pleasant and the service and quality of food was very good. The menu selection was excellent and dinner was reasonably priced. Keep in mind that this is NOT a high end Zagat rated restaurant. It is a local Thai - Asian place (almost diner-like) and the food was fresh and tasty, the place relatively clean (I didn't inspect the kitchen!) and a very good value.

Visited April 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
“Very bad experience today”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have eaten sushi at Thai Spoon a number of times and always had a satisfactory experience. Today, however, was not a good experinece. We arrived at the restaurant at noon and after waiting for 30 minutes to place our order we were told that there was no one making sushi today. We chose Thai dishes instead. We could tell that the restaurant was understaffed because the two waitresses were serving diners about one table every 15 mintues and no one stopped by to refill our drinks. After an hour we did not have our food and when it finally came we were not given silverware and my side salad was missing. One of our entrees was over cooked and barely edible. Another customer was waiting an hour and went to the counter to ask where her meals was. The waitress had no recollection of the order so this person left along with anther table of frustrated customers. When we paid our bill there was no explanation for the long wait and poor service. I was very dissappointed in Thai Spoon today.

• Visited March 2013