“Good food, not expensive.”
Review of Blackie's

Blackie's
Ranked #2,134 of 9,766 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: Blackies South Loop / Wine, craft Beers, Fresh Pastas, Specialty and awesome unique Burgers, inspired Appetizers, Steaks, and Chops // Chicago During the 1940's and 1950's, Blackie's attracted a clientele ranging from Glenn Miller and Tommy Dorsey to the Harlem Globe Trotters and Rocky Marciano to the Marx Brothers and the Three Stooges. Many mid-20th century celebrities would stop by on layovers when connecting in Chicago via Dearborn train station.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The staff of our hotel recommended this place for dinner. We both had a burger which was great, also the margaritas are awesome. On Monday they have a special, check it out. If I'm in Chicago again I will go there again, for the food, drinks and atmosphere. Staff is relaxed and very friendly.

1  Thank flytech

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Blackie's is near our office so I have been for happy hour before and this was my first time for lunch...it did not disappoint. The club was delicious as were the fries and the service was nice and quick. I definitely recommend it, especially for business people looking for good food and fast.

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

After a recommendation from our hotel door man we walked over. There was only one other couple there. We were greeted by a friendly staff. The place is small but clean. The food was excellent!! One of the best breakfasts I have ever had. I had the banana fosters French toast, it was so good! The eggs tasted real fresh. Next time we are in Chicago we are eating there again for sure.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been eating at Blackie's at least once a week since 2007. And I have ordered the same dinner every time. Really. They make the best small chicken caesar salad in Chicago. When I walk in, a glass of house chardonnay comes to my table. I feel like family here. And as a single woman, it is a place where they will take great care of you. The kitchen is great--and the servers are like friends. Please come and give it a try. Really good food. A fabulous bartender. New friends are always welcome. Great place to watch the games. I simply love this neighborhood gem.

1  Thank jhartig1
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My daughter and I visit Chicago several times a year. We always look for at least one new place to eat and this is a keeper. The burgers are great and the atmosphere is so casual and relaxing. Nice wait staff and fun place to enjoy a beer and dinner. The menu has something for everyone and their list of people who've dined there over the last 70 years or so is pretty impressive..