“Locals go here!”

Jake Melnick's Corner Tap
Ranked #67 of 9,764 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed July 12, 2014

A friend of ours who lives in the high rise across the street took us here for lunch. It was a fun venue amongst locals, along with good food. They had a large selection of locally brewed beers which are always fun to try. The waitresses are nice and attentive. I have had better personal pizzas but the salads were excellent. If you are visiting but want to eat at a local place, you can't go wrong eating here.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We actually didn't know anything about this place, but saw the banner out front claiming to be voted best wings. So I joked I would be the judge of that, and that's where we went. I will say a very well deserved award. The wings were some of the best I ever had. I got the combo, traditional and ponchos. In which the traditional was good but not my favorite compared to the ponchos. I absolutely loved them, wish I had just got an order of them by themselves. We also had ordered the fried pickles which were good as well. Appreciated the thin layer of coating, nothing heavy. My girlfriend ordered the wing special, the captain and coke, they were good, just a little too sweet for my taste. I enjoyed the atmosphere as well more so than the touristy places. Would definitely eat here again if we come back to Chicago.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We enjoyed their wings. We had the traditional spicy buffalo wings. The staff was friendly and the food was pretty quick.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Jake's was rented out for a the wedding reception we were at and the food and service were first class. Great beers on tap and the best BBQ in the area.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

What a good experience.
When comming from Europe tasting US made baby backs at Jakes is one of the best things you can do.
Very good Baby backs and super staff.

Simply not to much to add. Fantastic - go there.