“Great place to eat.”

Jake Melnick's Corner Tap
Ranked #156 of 10,110 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stopped here for supper while on vacation on Chicago recently. Very good restaurant. Service was great. Atmosphere was good - sport bar type. The beer selection was very good (keep in mind they don't have everyday domestics - Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc...). Kids meals were a good deal.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Apparently, this was the only place available with a late night menu. We were out late and looking for a bite to eat. It was just after 11, and I was surprised at the limited number of options. I was really happy when we came upon Jake Melnick's. They had a great late night menu and a fabulous beer selection. The service was very friendly and helpful! Nice place for a late date :-)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I used to love going to Jake's before I had a gluten allergy. The wings were always amazing and the BBQ is fantastic (recommend the Sloppy Pig). However, they do not have many gluten free options now. It is still a fantastic place to watch a game, but they'll gouge you for drinks. My girlfriend ordered one of the worst Mojitos I have ever had and it cost $10. Great.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place has an interesting beer menu -- three of us could not make any sense of it! It lists things about hops and alcohol content and such, but it's hard to figure out exact what is what. But all we had to do was tell our waitress what kind of beer we wanted (i.e. dark for one of us, a lighter red brew for another), and she quizzed us about what type of taste we liked and gave us suggestions. We were happy with her choices. If you want wine, only a limited selection appeared to be available.
We ate outside, on picnic-tables. Noisy and fun. Veggie burger was huge; I chose a salad in place of the fries. One of us got the pork sliders and enjoyed comparing the different flavors of BBQ sauce.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Good food, although too noisy. Prices weren't bad
Friendly servers. Crowd was too young for my taste