“Yummy”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Make sure you have an hour. Pizza takes a long time to cook but delicious. Very thick and tasty. Tastes like a cake. Would definitely recommend and we will definitely be back. So rich that you have to be hungry, very filling as well.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We are here on our first night in Chicago to have deep dish pizza. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful. We waited in the bar for a table. The pizza was very good and very large, as was the salad. We had too much food but it was all great.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Coming to Chicago, everyone talked about the 2 legends of deep dish pizza ... Giordana's and Lou Malnati's. We took the family and had a "Pizzaoff" to see who was better. This is a family tradition where we try and find the best local pizza when we travel.

Deep Dish pizza ... we ordered the "Meat and More Meat" pizza at Giordano's and "Classic Lou" (w Lean Sausage) at Malnati's. The tasting team was myself w my 2 meat loving boys aged 12, and 9. My wife and dtr sampled so they could have a say. The consensus ... Giordano's deepdish was a 5 out of 5 and Malnati's was a 4 out of 5. Giordano's pizza just had more depth to it at the end of the day. However, I honestly believe Lou's cheese was unbelievable and ingredients were very fresh.

What was keeping Giordano's from a 5 out of 5 rating? 2 big things. My wife's salad was not fresh and disappointing. Service was ok, but more concerning, I saw an employee going through a customer's backpack! I couldn't believe my eyes and was about to say something but he completely disappeared in 2 seconds (and I didn't see him take anything). Keep your bags close to you! I hate writting this and don't want this to cloud your opinion of the place because the pizza is very good!! Just thought you should know (and maybe the owners will keep a look out for this!!!).

Reviewed July 5, 2014

After a trip up the Willis (Sears) Tower, we stumbled across Giordano's. Great find. Took about 30 minutes to get a table (around 2PM) and we were advised to order the pizza at the cashier as it can take up to 45 minutes to cook. Took around that time but was well worth the wait. Pizza was amazing! We ordered the medium size for two, couldn't manage it all so would advise couples to get the smaller size, but other than that nice little find!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had to get a quick lunch while in Chicago for a business meeting and decided I needed to get deep dish pizza. Giordano's had lunch specials with pre-made pizzas that you could get quickly. I got the pepperoni special, which was good (obviously not the same as a fresh made-to-order pizza). I got there just as they opened and was very impressed that my Caesar salad was not only excellent, but room temperature (not just yanked out of the refrigerator). Would easily eat here again.