“Good, inexpensive breakfast”

Ranked #736 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We picked this out for breakfast after several TripAdvisor reviews spoke favorably of their eggs and we weren't disappointed. You place your order at the counter, take your seat, and they bring it to you. I had scrambled eggs with bacon and they were first-rate: nice and fluffy and properly cooked; much better than what we'd had at the Palmer House restaurant the day before for about half the price. Coffee was decent as well.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Got in from an early flight without having breakfast. Located right next to Palmer House Hilton Hotel. Had a delicious breakfast sandwich, fresh fruit and juice. Quick service, good food and convenient location.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The tuna sandwich is to die for! We also enjoyed the paninni's and baked goods. We had a party of 9 on a Saturday morning so we were afraid we would have to do take-out. The friendly manager directed us to a large room downstairs that we had to ourselves! Although it is counter service, the outgoing and very capable server with the beautiful long turquoise nails kept asking us if we needed anything. I would highly recommend this cafe.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Sunday morning and I am in a hurry and they tell me it will take 10 minutes for a breakfast sandwich...come on...ridiculous...so I walked out!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The coffee is good here with a selection of types, but the stand out was the package raisin toast for $8.00. It was fantastic and lasted almost a week for breakfast snacks with my morning coffee.