“Not what we expected for a Christmas Eve dinner.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Rosebud on Rush

Rosebud on Rush
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosebud on Rush is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 9,494 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Superior
Transit: The Red Line's Chicago stop is .2 mile to the North West.
Description: Just a block from the famed Magnificent Mile, Rosebud On Rush is the perfect setting for the harmonious Rosebud dishes served here. From our handmade Pappardelle, Cavatelli, and renowned Rosebud classics, to our signature cocktails and world-class service, few other restaurants offer the dynamic energy and big flavors of Rosebud On Rush. Close to Chicago's finest hotels and the renowned shops of Michigan Avenue, Rosebud on Rush attracts locals, tourists, shoppers, and some of the world's biggest stars. Join us and discover why.
chicago, illinois
“Not what we expected for a Christmas Eve dinner.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I dined here with my family for a Christmas Eve dinner and was liking the food, but annoyed at the end. Do not get me wrong, the service was excellent. My problems were the fact I had asked to give the risotto to my daughter because I do not care for risottos and instead we were each given our own. The spaghettis, Fettuchini (sp?) and veal was excellent but the meatballs were a little cold and seemed to have been microwaved and slammed on top. The bruschetta was also dissapointing. What annoyed me at the end was the fact we were still talking and our to go boxes were all put into a plastic bag and stacked on top of each other, not fine Italian dining. I assumed they did not have paper bags to put them in as the other Italian restaurants in the vacinity do. As we were walking out I see multiple people with paper bags, I kindly asked the host for a bag to put our four boxed items into as were walking out and of course the hostess assisted. Another thing that caught me off guard was the fact that when I made my reservations a week prior, in person, at the front host desk, neither of the hostesses knew if there was a special Christmas Eve menu !?! Sorry but any fine Italian restaurant would be sure to have the hostesses, the face of the restaurant, know these simple questions. I will stick to the more fine dining oriented Chicago restaurants from now on.

• Visited December 2012

Chicago, IL
“Living on past reputation”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been to Rosebud in the past, however, it has been a few years. I was not impressed with their food. The presentation of food needs to be updated and more modern. There are other other restaurants that are much better.

Visited December 2012
Geneva, Illinois, United States
“ok not great”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

wine selection was low, the appetizers were good, but the main entres were just ok. not a place for regular visits.

Brampton, Canada
“I DONT RECOMMEND”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Worst experience ever, visiting with family we waited over 1 and half hours then they finally gave us a table but hold on after sitting for about 5 minutes the server said sorry i made a mistake this table is reserved ( faults), then she wanted us to move to the worst table beside the bar.( this table was empty for a long time ) We said no and the manager DINO came and in a rude manner said you have to change and thats it... i said no and he kick us out just like that.... it was embarrassing and so un professional as so many people watching. We left and went to another place with great service.. I dont recommend at all very poor

Visited December 2012
1 Thank ruben p
Ann Arbor, MI
“Great Service”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a party of 13 and were wonderfully taken care of. The food was delicious. Loved the Caeser salad. Will definitely go back the next time I'm in Chicago.

Visited January 2013