“Interesting place -- kids loved it”
Review of Dick's Last Resort

Dick's Last Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Dick's Last Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #857 of 9,802 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Dearborn between Kinzie and the Chicago River
Transit: The closest "L" stop is at Clark and Lake. The stop services the Brown Line, Blue Line, Pink Line, Green Line, Orange Line and the Purple Line. Dick's is also accessible from the Red Line at the State and Lake Street stop. The closest Metra Station is Ogilvie. The closest bus lines are 22, 36, 62 and 29 .
Description: Dick's Last Resort Chicago is located in the Marina City Towers, overlooking the Chicago River. We're the perfect place to let your hair down, throw back some cold ones and grab the best grub in town. Join Dick and the gang for live bands and all sorts of crazy entertainment! We are the perfect place for large groups and can accommodate groups of 20 or more in our giant dining room.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had drinks and snacks late one afternoon. Actually stumbled on this place after being turned away from another place because we had children (Boss) in our party. We were told by a family exiting the restaurant that it was a place where the waitstaff was rude to you in good fun. We found the appetizers ordinary. The crab balls were actually disappointing as they are very tiny in size. What the kids really loved were the hats with the crazy sayings put on them by the waitstaff and plopped on our heads. It was hilarious. Lots of laughs here.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family loves this place. It is somewhere kids can be crazy and not get into trouble. They let you throw napkins around the place. The food is a little pricey but making kids happy is what I am all about especially when they have to spend a whole day with me shopping. LOL

Reviewed April 3, 2013

after recommnedations and good reviews, we wanted to make sure that we got to Dick's Last resort while we were in Chicago the end of March. All the reviews talked about the long waits, so when we went on a Sunday evening and found only about 4-6 other tables full we were very surprised. We were all set to be treated rudely and talked to sarcasticly, like they are suppose to. We were greeted by the host, who 'attempted' to be stand-offish, but just didnt look like he was into it and ended up just seating us with very little fanfar. There was a live band playing that was quite good, but again, with only 4-6 tables of people in the whole place, it was hard to get into the music. Shortly after sitting down, one guy came over and grabbed the menu's from our hands and siad, 'who said you could have those? dont touch things! these are the lunch menus, the supper menu is up there'! We laughed and were prepared for more fun like this, but after he left, we just sat there waiting and waiting and no one ever came back. It got to the point where we didnt know if this was part of the 'rudeness' or if we had just been forgotten about. We watched as a couple different waiters walked by us without even looking at us. Finally after a good 10 minutes, one waiter came over and asked if anyone took our order yet. We said no one had been there. He said, 'oh, I thought so and so was going to get this table..sorry about that.' He took our order and that was it. No joking, no sarcasm, no anything. 10 minutes later, our food was delivered in the same manner--just delivering our food like a regular restaraunt. Polite and 'normal'. (Would never have guessed that I would write a review negativly pointing out that someone was polite instead of rude! lol). We saw all the other patrons in the restaruant with paper hats on their heads and laughing each time the waiter/waitress came by, but we had none of that. Finally, a waiter came by and plopped a paper hat on my head, very unceremoniously and without comment. It wasnt until they brought the bill, that they did the same thing for my teenage daughter. We payed our bill and left with no more contact. This looks like it could be a real fun place if you were there with a group or if it was crowded, but for the 2 of us, it was quite lacking. As for the food, we ordered 2 appitizers that were not bad, but nothing fantastic. We might have ordered off the menu, but we couldnt see what was on it. the guy had pointed to a chalk board on the wall, far from our table and we couldnt make out what was on it. Thought this was a strange way to do it, until I saw another table arrive (that had a waiter assigned to it) and he brought the large chalk board over to them so they could see it.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I went there right when it opened at 11 a.m., with my daughter and her friend, both teens, on a spring break weekday. I had heard of Dick's, but I was not familiar with its ins and outs. They had heard how the staff is rude (planned, almost like a show, not intentionally rude), and gave you paper hats with funny sayings. I had not heard anything about it, but since they were wanting to experience it, we went there. The food was REALLY good. I had crabcakes and fries. My daughter had chicken tender tacos and her friend had the buffalo chicken sandwich. All were pleased with the food! The waitress was full of attitude, but it's fun because you can give it right back to them. IF you are sensitive to that stuff, this is not the place for you. I go along with it and enjoy it. I liked going when it wasn't busy because I could see it would get loud and crowded (just because of the layout) at peak times. As it was, I think there were 4 other tables of people when we left. We DID get our funny hats, no offense taken... it truly is all planned and in good fun, but I could see being pretty shocked by the whole thing if you weren't aware of it in advance. Our waitress was really funny and attentive. I would definitely go back again!! Oh... GREAT view... it is right along the Chicago River, so you can watch people out there... saw the water taxis go by a few times.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

we havent been into a Dicks since April 97 and that was in the Carolina's, and i happy to say it seems not to have changed.
We went for lunch as the night time is a bit rude if you have young kids and we have two.
They really liked it there and we all ended up wearing silly hats with silly things on.

The food was really good. I had steak and shrimp. It was lovely, My little lad had the kids ribs and my older one had chicken tenders both were good, in fact the ribs were lovely.
Hubby had ribs and chicken again he said it was good.

The only bad thing was the house merlot,, was not good at all, but i changed to their blended red and it was lovely.

The food was good and staff made it a fun for all,

Been to Dick's Last Resort? Share your experiences!