“Good American Diner ,Excellent Breakfast”

Lou Mitchell's Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 10,104 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: West Loop
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went to Lou Mitchells after reading good recommendations .We visited Lou's being near to Willis Tower .The breakfast was excellent quality ,large portions ,service was excellent. Very busy diner and worthy of a visit ,you will not be disappointed .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had to wait in line after church at Old St. PAT 's. Great service. Great eggs Benedict. Coffee was delicious too. Milk duds & donut holes for waiting

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I needed a restaurant close to union station , I was hungry and could not walk far . A man suggested this restaurant . Was very close . Boy was he good at telling me were to try a great restaurant !!!! The atmosphere was good . My waitress was AWSOME !!! My tuna melt melted in my mouth !!! Plus they gave me a tiny box of milk duds !!! I will surely return !!!! Thanks to the man who recommended this place wherever you are !!!!!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Breakfast was flavourful! Ample portions. Diner decor. Teenage daughter loved it! Heard there would be lineup to get in but we managed without that experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had worked on a play featuring this well-known breakfast spot, so when I arrived in Chicago, it was a prime target. By reputation, Lou's omelets are to die for, and I was not disappointed. So are the freshly made donuts. I have no reason to doubt that the rest of the menu is equally superb. Open only to 3:00 p.m., It sits proudly at the beginning of Rte 66 before it winds its way to California. The place is very clean, very friendly, and very busy. It's a high point of a Chicago visit, so try to get there before the crowds.