“Great food!”

The Grillroom Chophouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grillroom Chophouse & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #342 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Dearborn
Transit: Red Line, Green Line, Blue Line as well as walking distance to the Metra Stations.
Description: With its warm surroundings of hardwood floors, wood-paneled walls, mood lighting and tall leather booths, this urban chophouse and wine bar is the prime destination for power lunches, business meetings, intimate dinners or late night cocktails. Enjoy the finest Prime steaks, fresh seafood, pasta, salads and more, all with The Grillroom's exclusive flair. Directly in the heart of our Chicago Loop and prime Theatre District, The Grillroom offers a convenient location to relax and enjoy. Its friendly and personable staff will add to your experience through their professional manner and food & wine knowledge. We look forward to dining with you soon!
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went on the recommendation of our bellman who gave us a card supposedly good for an appetizer ... Well turns out they were "out of" 3 of the beers that my husband tried to order and then I ordered a Mahi Mahi special and they were out of that as well so the manager ended up comping the appetizer and one round of drinks. The food was excellent and the waitress felt terrible, but we enjoyed the evening.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Awesome steak!! Grass fed beef!!! Pricey but the steak was work every penny! Sides were OK. Suggest one of the excellent salads and a steak, don't waste time on side items. Our waitress was very helpful and was able to meet all our needs on substitutions for food and making a great meal for our kids. A very nice restaurant where we felt comfortable in our "touring clothes" of sweatshirts and tennis shoes!! Would return!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I'm a great lover of steak but even I didn't think steak could test so could taste this could. Very juicy, tender and flavour was excellent. I ordered a medium well porterhouse and just had a grin on myself for the whole meal. thanks to grayline tour services for giving me the tip. still have grin on my face from the memory. I love chicago, look forward to visiting there and the grillroom again

1  Thank Robert V
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Went to Chicago on holidays and was excited to taste the local food, so tour company Grayline recommended this place just off State Street. So I went here and ordered the steak (seeing how it was 'the grillroom' after all).. Well, the steak was out of this world- WOW! I braved the 22 oz porterhouse, and I have to say that I am delighted that I did! It was just so juicy and tender, and went great with the potatoes. They cooked it to perfection! A week later, I'm still thinking about it! I also tasted the fillet steak, and that was very good too. I had the calamari for starters, and they have delicious dips for that too. Great selection of drinks, I went away full and happy. Very friendly staff, will definitely be back again!!

1  Thank Laura G
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were a bit leery when the place was empty...a few people at the bar. The ceasar salad and french onion soup were not to our liking. Soup tasted more like wine soup. On a positive note, my husband did enjoy his sirloin steak. My roasted lemon chicken was average. I would not return.