“Relaxing and delicious”

The Grillroom Chophouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grillroom Chophouse & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #253 of 9,903 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Dearborn
Transit: Red Line, Green Line, Blue Line as well as walking distance to the Metra Stations.
Description: With its warm surroundings of hardwood floors, wood-paneled walls, mood lighting and tall leather booths, this urban chophouse and wine bar is the prime destination for power lunches, business meetings, intimate dinners or late night cocktails. Enjoy the finest Prime steaks, fresh seafood, pasta, salads and more, all with The Grillroom's exclusive flair. Directly in the heart of our Chicago Loop and prime Theatre District, The Grillroom offers a convenient location to relax and enjoy. Its friendly and personable staff will add to your experience through their professional manner and food & wine knowledge. We look forward to dining with you soon!
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Wanted a steak on a Saturday night and didn't want the hassle of making a reservation or getting dressed up. Since I was staying at the Hampton Majestic, I wandered across the street and got great service, a great steak, and at a reasonable price. The service was friendly, prompt, and accommodating to my being solo without looking at me oddly like some places do. The chef misread how I ordered my steak but no problems sending it back and it came back perfect. The grilled asparagus was a delightful and perfectly cooked al dente surprise. This is my second time there and I will go back again.

2  Thank rickiboston

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Rib-eyes are awesome. Stay away from the special sauces unless you hate the taste of a great aged steak.
The service was slow and awkward even though the place was less than 1/4 full. They also are have a wine bar, but seemed to be out of half the listed wines-by-the-glass.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

Another couple, my husband, and I went to the Grillroom for desert after going to the theater. The waitress in the bar said it was "last call," but she checked to see if we could get desert anyway. We did, and the raspberry chocolate cake and creme brulee were both outstanding. The next day we ate a huge late lunch at another restaurant and wanted only a light dinner, so we went back to the Grillroom at 7 p.m. Although we ordered lightly, we were given the royal treatment! I can highly recommend this restaurant for whatever you want in the way of good food and good service.

1  Thank jvcs
Reviewed September 26, 2011

First night in Chicago we just went across the street from our hotel. It looked nice and the menu looked OK, though we noticed the high prices for steak, but maybe all steaks are expensive in Chicago?
The food was too rich and too spicy, I had heartburn during the night. The ribs were coated with a too rich sauce with a heavy smokey taste and could have been a little more cooked.
We found better restaurants the other days, though we liked Russian Tea Time the best.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Arrived in Chicago on a rainy Friday afternoon - we were staying at the Hampton Majestic, so we went across the street for a bite to eat. Sat in their great patio space and watched the locals head home from work in the rain - great people watching! Beef dip was amazing and my husband's burger was excellent - portions are huge!