“Not bad”
Review of Elephant & Castle

Elephant & Castle
Reserve with OpenTable
Elephant & Castle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #455 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Not bad but Not great! Service was okay. friendly enough but Coffee cup was empty most the time. Decent Breakfast. Located right next to hotel which was very convenient.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I ended up here because I was walking around late on a Saturday after walking around other parts of the city and everything seemed closed or it was fast food which I didn't want. I didn't really feel like walking back to other parts of downtown for more choices so I stopped in here.
The services was bland, and even slow with the ordering process at the bar but the food came out quickly after it was ordered and it was good. I had a club sandwich.
Not my first choice of places to eat but it worked. They had tvs, like a lite sports bar or pub really but nothing was really playing at the time anyway. It is easy access to a few nearby hotels if you're desperate.

I do give it poor marks for the bar however. They didn't have multiple beer choices between me and a few other patrons who walked in. I found that disappointing. They seem to cater to more local stuff and the one I had wasn't that great.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

A parody of a British pub, this place attempts the usual varied menu from shepherd's pie to curry and most things in between. I had the chicken strips and chips which were bland and undercooked. Add to that the fact the service is terrible and this really isn't a place you want to spend your evening.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stopped in on a Saturday afternoon. Their selection of cocktails on the menu was limited, so myself and my daughter asked for a Bay or Sea Breeze. At the same time we ordered an appetizer. There was four of us. Our waiter and another waitress were trying to figure out if the bar could make our cocktails, when we heard the bartender say loudly " I wish they would just order what they wanted". He was mad that he had to make a drink that wasn't on the menu. Excuse me, isn't this a pub in the Chicago Loop? Did we make such an unusual order? I thought we ordered what we wanted. And why did we have to hear the bartender insult us? The drinks were too strong to be enjoyable. I think he did that purposely.The food came after a while and no appetizer. The waiter was apologetic, but it was too late. We just took our food. We had 2 fish and chips, a salmon dish and a lamb burger. They were all tasty dishes. I think for 4 plates of food, 3 mixed drinks and a beer that a check of $95 wasn't worth it for the service. I doubt we will go back again.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We just decided to go enjoy lunch here because we were starving and it was near the hotel. The staff was friendly, clean restaurant and good food. Our water and tea were kept full and the food came out quickly and was good pub food. I would definitely go here again!