“Excellent food and service”

Phil Stefani's 437 Rush
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Cross street: Hubbard
Transit: Grand Ave Bus, Red Line, Grand Avenue
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went to this restaurant for our anniversary. I made reservations on open table. From the moment we walked in until the moment we left, it was an absolutely delightful experience. The service was outstanding; the food was delicious; we were given a complimentary dessert which was a pleasant surprise. The atmosphere is casual - some individuals dressed up, while others were in jeans. Our meal was reasonably priced. We will definitely return. In sharing our experience with friends, many of them knew of the restaurant and had had similar great experiences.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

The steak I had was wonderful. Service was extraordinary. The maiterde has a wonderful operatic voice. He will sing at your table if you ask.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

After searching Trip Advisor, I decided to go to this Italian Steakhouse. I was pleasantly surprised when I was greated by the manager, Alex, with a wonderful verse of a song. What a great voice! Entertainment comes with no extra charge. I heard him do Happy Birthday in the dining. You have to experience that to appreciate his rendition. I sat in the bar area and was pleasantly served by Jocelyn. Service with a smile. I had the Zuppa di Mare, with a slightly spicy pomodoro sauce. The sauce was excellent. The clams and mussels were not the largest size, but the large sea scallop and shrimp more than made up for those in both size and taste. The calamari was perfectly cooked. Jocelyn's dessert recommendation was the Chocolate Souffle. The dark chocolate souffle was served with a scoop of vanilla gelato and diced strawberries. During the mouthwatering first bite, dark chocolate leaked from the center. What a combination, what a meal! That wasn't the end. This restaurant is on the jazz tour partly because of its history as a stable and a speak easy. It was visited by Al Capone. I will leave the rest of that story for you to discovere on your visit to 437 Rush. The evening was capped by a jazz trio. That was a fitting ending to a wonderful experience.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent and the service from our waitress "Jecelyn" was fantastic. She and the food really made us coming back soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We ate there the night we got to Chicago as a walkin with no reservations. They were accommodating and gave us excellent service. The food was excellent, but somewhat pricey in my opinion. However, I note that the other fine restaurants we ate at while in Chicago were usually in the same price range. I guess I am not used to this market in terms of prices.