“More than a meal”

Transit: Grand Ave Bus, Red Line, Grand Avenue
Butler, Pennsylvania
“More than a meal”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

After searching Trip Advisor, I decided to go to this Italian Steakhouse. I was pleasantly surprised when I was greated by the manager, Alex, with a wonderful verse of a song. What a great voice! Entertainment comes with no extra charge. I heard him do Happy Birthday in the dining. You have to experience that to appreciate his rendition. I sat in the bar area and was pleasantly served by Jocelyn. Service with a smile. I had the Zuppa di Mare, with a slightly spicy pomodoro sauce. The sauce was excellent. The clams and mussels were not the largest size, but the large sea scallop and shrimp more than made up for those in both size and taste. The calamari was perfectly cooked. Jocelyn's dessert recommendation was the Chocolate Souffle. The dark chocolate souffle was served with a scoop of vanilla gelato and diced strawberries. During the mouthwatering first bite, dark chocolate leaked from the center. What a combination, what a meal! That wasn't the end. This restaurant is on the jazz tour partly because of its history as a stable and a speak easy. It was visited by Al Capone. I will leave the rest of that story for you to discovere on your visit to 437 Rush. The evening was capped by a jazz trio. That was a fitting ending to a wonderful experience.

• Visited April 2013

Falun, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Coffee expert" from Sweden”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent and the service from our waitress "Jecelyn" was fantastic. She and the food really made us coming back soon.

“Pricey but good.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We ate there the night we got to Chicago as a walkin with no reservations. They were accommodating and gave us excellent service. The food was excellent, but somewhat pricey in my opinion. However, I note that the other fine restaurants we ate at while in Chicago were usually in the same price range. I guess I am not used to this market in terms of prices.

• Visited April 2013
New Palestine, Indiana
“Vetbob”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Very tasty from sooo to desert. Had hightop in a very vibrant bar. Sea bass was tremendous and dark chocolate souffle was quite good. Will be back if in chicago in future

Westerville, Ohio
“"Upscale" place at reasonable price”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The look and feel, as well as food are very upscale but the prices are reasonable. The tables are rather close together, making for a congenial atmosphere and sometimes the host breaks out into song at the tables. The location is convienient, right off The Magnificent Mile. Every time we go to Chicago we make this restaurant one of our stops. On a few occasions we have taken friends and they always rave about it too.

• Visited September 2012