“Excellent late night option after Cubs game”

Weber Grill Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Weber Grill Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 9,903 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Ohio & Grand
Transit: Red Line
Description: Owned by the company that set the standards for outdoor cooking: Weber Grill Restaurant is the culmination of fifty years of grilling expertise. With everything prepared on authentic Weber charcoal kettles, the menu offers the best in Classic Outdoor Grilling including: steaks, seafood, barbecue, and burgers. The restaurant boasts an open kitchen, customized private events, patio seating, & grilling tips.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Staying North side at the Hyatt Place a block away from Weber Grill. Came back from Wrigley and checked in and they were serving until midnight.

Ordered the 3-meat combo with two sides. Bartender recommended the grilled meatloaf and it was melt-in-your-mouth good. Brisket was tender and tasty. Small portion though. Sausage was outstanding but again a small portion. Garlic mash and mac-cheese sides were very good.

Definitely worth a stop if you're staying north side of the river or if you want to jump off the Red Line at Grand and walk a block.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,773)

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Best word that comes to mind is "average".
-Service ... Fairly attentive at the beginning, then pretty much disappeared. Never asked if I needed more drinks, took longer and longer to come back
-Food ... Has the grilled crab cake for a starter. It was good, not great ... Not much taste. Had the farm burger for main course. It was good, well seasoned, but meat overcooked (ordered medium rare) and goat cheese was cold. They were nice and let me substitute the side for roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Again, good, not great with very little taste ... also were lukewarm.

Overall "average". Not likely to return.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

This review is from my last dining experience here. I must eat here every time I am in Chicago which is at least three times a year. Each time I dine here I am never disappointed. I sat on the patio and ordered ribs, brisket, baked beans and potato salad. Being from Texas I am picky about my BBQ but I was not disappointed. The meat was juicy and seasoned well. The sides were perfect. Everything was delicious and I stuffed myself eating everything on my plate. The waiter and staff were friendly and accommodating. Great restaurant!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

After a architectural river tour, we were hungry and thirsty. Our Chicago friend suggested The Weber Grill as a place they found very good. So we were excited to experience it with them.
There is Valet Parking which is very nice. We were escorted to
our seats by the hostess... we walked past the cooking area, and
were seated far away from that area.
Our server immediately gave us a large pitcher of ice water...we
appreciated that. He also gave us menus, and the specials for
the evening.
The drink special was a lemon cillo sangria. It was wonderful!
All the bartender special are available online so you can try to
recreate them at home.
A basket of warm pretzel rolls was served with a choice of cheese butter or plain unsalted butter. Delicious!!!The menu was extensive, and had a variety of appetizers, combos, and entrees available. My partner ordered a mini-sliders with three different meats: meatloaf, pulled pork, and brisket. I had oyster's Rockefeller...six oysters grilled and served in skillet with spinach, bacon, breadcrumbs, and cheese on top.
Our friends each had dinners which came with a choice of two sides.
The appetizers that we chose were just ok. They came a little on
the cold side. However, both our friend's entrees looked wonderful, and I tasted the sweet potatoes which were fantastic.
Overall, I would have to experience Weber Grill again to really give it a better review.
Our serve was great, and it was a nice experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Pioneers of the Weber BBQ Grilll I was delighted to find their own restaurant ! Love the statue & kettle mounted in the front. We have 2 little girls & they had these kids meals served on cafeteria trays--very cute. Our waitress was friendly & helpful, the meals excellent (try the teriyaki steak skewer appetiser). We're vacationing from London & I would count this as a memorable meal in Chicago.