“Great lunch special”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed November 23, 2013

While in Chicago for a convention I had lunch twice at Oysy. The food was all of very good quality and well prepared. The lunch box was $13.00 with a wide choice of tuna, eel, beef, sushi or vegitarian. The service was friendly and prompt. I enjoyed my grilled tuna so much the first time that I went back for the beef. It was also great.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I visited this restaurant on a business trip with a colleague who had never eaten sushi before. I have eaten at many sushi restaurants around the nation and found this one to be very good. If I were to give it a grade, I would say a solid "B". I don't have any con's and found the service to be good. The pro's about this restaurant is that the size of the fish on the sushi was definitely above average and this really made the evening. No filler rice, the fish portions in the maki rolls and sushi were quite ample and very fresh! This place is certainly not a budget restaurant so be prepared to spend some money but the portion size, taste, and freshness is very worthwhile.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went here for Sushi while in town. Pretty much all that you can want in your typical Sushi Style restaurant. We made a reservation even though it was not needed. Service was quick and the food was pretty good. Fresh Sushi! I do not recall having any special stand out Sushi Rolls though. I remember having a special roll but do not remember the name.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Oysy has a large menu to selection from which includes beer, wine and sake. Everything we ordered was very good from the soup, sushi and sake - even the ice cream was a treat. Next time I'm in Chicago, I will put Oysy on my list of restaurants to visit for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Along with the 80 year old mother and 26 year old son, looking for just the right restaurant to keep the generations happy. It would need to serve sushi and sashimi for the younger crowd and something more tradiitonal for the slightly older group. We found it at Oysy. My son and I had a fabulous dinner and mother enjoyed the chicken teriyaki. A wonderful evening for all!