“Good ribs, great service, way better options in Chicago, overpriced”
Review of Carson's

Carson's
Reserve with OpenTable
Carson's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #218 of 9,838 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Ontario
Transit: Clark St bus, LaSalle St bus, Grand Avenue bus.
Description: A Chicago institution since 1977, Carson's is the place visited by presidents, America's favorite athletes, stars of TV, the big screen, and literally millions of BBQ devotees. With hearty portions and a no holds barred attitude of offering only the finest quality available, Carson's promises to be a fabulous dining experience. For those seeking the best in an undeniably American dining tradition, Carson's is a must!
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I grew up eating Carson's ribs in Lombard as it was my parents favorite. My girlfriend and I though it would be nice to take my mom to Carson's for restaurant week to reminisce as most locations have closed around the Chicago area.

As far as the food goes, it was good. Nothing outstanding in my opinion. Descent wine and beer list, but again, nothing outstanding. The service was fantastic and our waitress was too notch. The atmosphere was typical Chicago steakhouse, nothing really wonderful.

For a place that is known for ribs, I would happy go to fat willys or Q than Carson's. it is NOT cheap and were it not for restraint week our dinner would have cost nearly $75 per person (without drinks!).

I see lots of amazing reviews for Carson's and just disagree! Great river north location lends itself to a night out, but otherwise, I say pass.

1  Thank michael B

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Two out of three nights in Chicago at Carson's. The next time will be 3 of 3. Absolute, hands down, best ribs and pork chop I've ever had. Angus steak, cornbread, and potatoes (3 kinds) topped off with the pomegranate martini. What a dining experience. I will fly to Chicago just for Carson's!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The ribs are outstanding but the rest of the menu is really just average. Atmosphere is clubby and warm. Service is usually good.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The ribs are well cooked and the meat falls off the bone. I lived in Kansas City for years and this is the closest I can come to barbeque KC style!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

On my recent visit to Chicago, my hotel concierge recommended Carsons to me for ribs. Apparently it was his favorite place to eat in downown Chicago. It is a local favourite of many locals apparently & has been in the downtown area since 1977 I believe.

The food was absolutly excellent. I would like to give my server 10/10 for her customer service. She suggested food choices that I could combine together in the same meal. So, I had a chicken/rib combo. Truly delicious! Customer service is everything. The server made my dining experience fun & worthwhile. Prices were also reasonable for great food. And too, a very comfortable, relaxing atmosphere.......

I will definitely return to Carsons on my next trip

Been to Carson's? Share your experiences!