“Excellent! Great atmosphere and better yet Pizza!”

Exchequer Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #104 of 9,660 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Evansville, Indiana
“Excellent! Great atmosphere and better yet Pizza!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Excellent! Great atmosphere and better yet Pizza and service. My wife and I were referred to eat here by the bellman at our hotels.

Woodridge, Illinois
“Cheque this one out!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This pub is a winner in my book. The bartender Vicky kept all of us fed and our drinks filled. Tom the manager was wonderful in explaining the history of the pub. The atmophere has a hint of old Chicago with Al Capone & Tommy guns on the wall with great old style Chicago pub experience.
My friends and I shared a deep dish pizza that was perfectly cooked and the sampler plates(wings, cheese sticks, poppers & dipping sauces) were perfect with the beers and a great choice pick for a pub crawl. Grab some Chicago brewed beers here too!
I'll make this a place to visit when I'm downtown.

Bottom Line: Ya wanna taste a chicago? start here. Prices are reasonable and the staff friendly. You'll enjoy it!

• Visited February 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Friendly bar with great food.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was in town on business and after my group of locals caught their trains, I wanted a nice place with real food. I had been here 8 years ago and enjoyed. I had the cajun chicken alfredo that really hit the spot. The locals were friendly as was the bar tender. Highly recommend it.

Visited January 2013
Michigan, USA
“Good food, convenient”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Nice atmosphere and good variety of food on offer. The location is good (a block behind Michigan) and easy to walk to. Food was well presented and tasty, service was fine and beer selection had a good mix of decent beers along with some popular boutique options. Busy but not packed for a Friday night, and there seemed to be plenty of locals. Good value - we wil certainly come again

• Visited January 2013
“Love”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I love this place so much its a family tradition to go every year since I was little I love it here so much