“Horrible food and not family friendly”
Review of Petterino's

Petterino's
Reserve with OpenTable
Petterino's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #280 of 10,110 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Randolph
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I love italian food and I know when its good! This place was just average and quite expensive for the amount and quality of food. The worst part is that it is not kid friendly at all. Everytime my kids would make a sound ppl would just stare at us including the waiters and waitresses!

1  Thank noorah m

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was our first experience in a Chicago restaurant and couldn't believe the portion sizes. Perfect way to enjoy food with friends, lovely food and friendly staff even though the place was heaving on a weekend night

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were just at a show and settled in for a relaxing dinner outside. The street was busy and food and staff excellent! Make sure you make a reservation.

Inspired: server Jacie K and the gnocchi

Pro: perfect location, outside seating, fun wine flight, soup, overall atmosphere, Petterino's toothpicks

Con: nothing

Return: yes!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Reason 1) great menu options. 2) perfectly located for theater district 3) book for functions 4) patio seating on summer days! I have used their catering / banquet servce when we had dinners with over 20 people. Nice venue, professional wait staff. I walk by from the offifce and am envious of those siting outside on the patio. We dined al fresco on Friday and enjoyed it. Good lunch options, prices reasonable ($10-15) for such a nice establishment.

1  Thank Ellis_NC_IL
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I met my cousin for lunch in Downtown Chicago and she recommended Petterino’s. Great choice! The decor and atmosphere are elegant without dampening the vibrancy of the city. The walls are decorated with sketches of many recognizable faces who, I presume, have patronized this Chicago institution. The menu offers a variety of choices and the service was fine. She picked the Wedge Salad and I chose the Herb Crusted Whitefish. We were both well satisfied. Petterino’s is a place to remember during future visits to Chicago.