“Nice place to wait before a show”
Review of Petterino's

Petterino's
Reserve with OpenTable
Petterino's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 9,882 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Randolph
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Had some apps and drinks while waiting for a show to start. Service was seamless and attentive. Their beer selection was good but shallow. I did look at their menu and it looked like every other downtown restaurant.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I was in Chicago for the day visiting my son who is a student. As my family wandered through the city we happened upon this restaurant. There were 6 of us. Four adults and 2 children. I went in to check the menu. The prices were reasonable, beautiful facility and the greeter was helpful (olive complexion male, soft spoken, thin, dark hair with dark wide rim glasses). I went outside and told my family and we agreed to have lunch there. Saturday afternoon. No special event going on in the city. Just lunch with the family. The next person we encounter gave off the aura of "you don't belong here". She was not receptive to our visit until "I" told her we wanted to be seated. The server/waitress was also somewhat least to be desire and per my family did not appear to be engaging until it was time to leave. I paid our bill and left an appropriate tip. My family did not like this restaurant at all but we stuck it out Overall in my opinion this is not an average family friendly restaurant nor is it receptive towards the average people of color who just happen to be 2 business owners, a Master's degree (4/13) social worker and a Master's degree student in psychology. On an average day we would not eat here again or recommend it to friends.

1  Thank J F
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I had a Lettuce Entertain You gift card and theatre tickets. So, we chose Petterino's for our pre-show dinner. It was good food, great service and a really interesting atmosphere. Very old school Chicago. We had the fixed price theatre menu and it was perfect. It was a little pricey for our budget, but it was our anniversary, so we splurged. And, for what you get, it wasn't bad at all. We'll definitely consider returning.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had lunch here with my son before a show and was not disappointed. First, the service was outstanding. There were extra touches through out the meal that highlighted our service being a notch above. We ordered the Steak Diane and parmesean crusted scallops. The scallops were outstanding. I would definitely order these again. The Steak Diane was good but not the highlight of the meal. Definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Attentive service; Italian steakhouse ambience; varied menu with an emphasis on old school comfort with a contemporary feel — and consistent, dependable quality...which is always the case with Lettuce Entertain You restaurants.