“Expected more”
Review of Naha

Naha
Reserve with OpenTable
Naha is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #312 of 9,765 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Illinois
Transit: Red Line - Grand stop Clark Bus
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Service and atmosphere was excellent. The quality of the meal was average considering this is a Michelin starred restaurant,. I had the steak selection and my partner had the lobster. It was only ok, thus the value of the meal was poor. But it was a good experience to try.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

As residents of the neighborhood it had been several years since dining at Naha. Last night was fabulous. The food was outstanding, I had skate-wing with lump crabmeat and my wife enjoyed venison medallions and foie gras. I hadn't remembered the menu from the past. They have an excellent menu selection. We will definitely return again soon to try other selections. While Naha is a very up-scale and pricey restaurant it's simplicity in decor (contemporary) and menu is worth the extra dollars. No foam and dots of sauce on the plate. What you read on the menu is what you get, you want be disappointed.

Locals who will return soon.

1  Thank Tman312
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went here with my husband and another couple. Food was really just average. I have been to many great restaurants in Chicago and was surprised that Chicago Magazine gave this place 3 stars. The venison was decent as was the duck, but it wasn't worth the $44 price. I have no problem spending good money on good food, but this place didn't deliver. Our service was ok. No complaints. There was a guy that looked like John Belushi (during his last drug-induced days of his life) walking around ---that was a bit distracting. I think he was bussing tables? The coconut cake for dessert was sad. I really didn't understand all the foam, sprinkles, smears....none of it tasted good. Too bad. If you're in the area, go to Topolobampo across the street. I've never had a bad meal there!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I am so sorry that we went to this restaurant, we only had 2 nights in Chicago and we wasted one in this one. The ambiance was really ok, the restaurant was empty even on a Friday night. The food nothing to brag about. Sometimes it makes me wonder if the Micheline stars are really earned or they are bought.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Zero Stars. Our reservation was for 8pm. We arrived at 8pm. We ordered at 8:10. We started eating our entrees at 9:20!! Unacceptable wait regardless of the following.
The food was fine. Nothing special. $144 for 1.5 scallops, 4oz of venison and 6oz of beef tenderloin. Definitely not worth the price.
Here's where the problem started... I made the mistake of trying to use an expired $80 Groupon ($40 purchase price). WHICH THE PURCHASE PRICE NEVER EXPIRES. EVERYONE knows this! The manager of Naha has ZERO integrity as a businessman and Chicagoan because he refused the Groupon and insisted he would not honor it regardless of what it said on the Groupon or in the fine print. I was told that, "I needed to take it up with Groupon and get my money back from them". When I asked him to put the rejection of the Groupon in writing to ensure I got my money back from Groupon directly... he refused. Pretty shady... Per his own admission he is the one who initiated the original deal with Groupon and knowing the agreement with Groupon that the purchase value of a Groupon NEVER EXPIRES he STILL refused to honor my Groupon. After I paid the check in cash in full they actually had the nerve when I was walking out to ask me, "why you got to be like that?" Seriously? Their exact words I swear to God. I just wanted them to do the right thing and honor their commitments. They further went on to explain to me that "We'll never see you here again..." No kidding... I would never go back in that place again. There are literally dozens of other places (within 500 yards of Naha) that are better to dine at and which are more reasonably priced with better service in which you don't have to wait one hour to actually eat. If you want a true four star dining experience go elsewhere. Go to Naha if you want an over priced, mediocre meal from a dishonorable business manager. I've never been treated with such disrespect. I'm not sure that guy even understands the concept of what a contractual agreement means. It would be different if I was rude about things or didn't read to him verbatim what it said right on the Groupon that he himself established. I was polite, logical and calm through the entire ordeal. All over a measly $40. Pathetic and shameful.

1  Thank ChicagoJP9