“Oh, the smallness of it”
Review of Ginza Fish House - CLOSED

Ginza Fish House
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed August 17, 2011

If you want a break from Chicago's big muscle seduction, go to the Ginza. A tiny restaurant with attentive service. The only non-Japanese in the place, I sat at the sushi bar and was treated as if all East-West relations depended on my approval. The chef's sushi combination is worth the price. I read my book well after the meal was finished, but only got the bill when (and exactly when) I looked around, ready to leave.

1  Thank AlecWalker

Reviewed May 18, 2011

I love how as soon as you step inside this place you completely forget that your in the downtown area. No noise no windows. Just you and the music playing and of course "irashaimase!"

Their place, like many said, isn't fancy. Which, I think, is good because a lot of places sometimes work so hard on the decor they forget about making good food.

I always want to try something new I'm there but I almost every time end up getting their lunch box. It's a lot of food and super cheap. The sake they offer is great. I usually go to Mitsuwa to get that brand so I'm happy to go to Ginza and have it with my meal. It's funny that when you ask for it hot, they microwave it right there in front of you. That's awesome.

My friend once ordered vodka-cranberry and they didn't offer that, to give you an example of their drinks offering. Stick with beer or sake.

1  Thank SamiAri
Reviewed March 25, 2011

This place was awesome. I'd highly recommend to any sushi enthusiasts out there!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 21, 2010

quality pretty bad these days - but you will find some homey JPN food that's not sushi. A bummer resto.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 28, 2009

When you walk in your definitely feel like you are in Japan. The decor, smells, etc. are authentic. The lunch was quite good and the menu was reasonably priced. We had a great lunch here.