“Typical Italian Steakhouse”

Gene & Georgetti's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Gene & Georgetti's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 9,810 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Illinois
Transit: Two blocks north of the Merchandise Mart Stop on the Brown line.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had a business dinner on a weeknight and Gene & Georgettis. It is the typical Italian steakhouse from the 40s and 50s. The menu is laminated, the service is average but the food was pretty good. The decor was cramped and probably had not been updated since 1941.

The wine list was poor. The veal chop I had was a huge portion and was very good. I also had a classic minestrone and a very good fried ravioli with meat sauce. I would downgrade this meal or the service and decor but the food made up for the other two areas of issue.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were in Chicago for a wedding which coincided with my husband's birthday. I planned a surprise dinner for him with cousins who were attending the wedding. It was recommended by one of the guests, the mother of the bride, who insisted we experience a taste of "old Chicago".
We were very pleased with the ambiance, service, and especially the excellent steaks for which they are known. We were also treated to a bit of Chicago history by our waiter who showed us where Al Capone dined.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Whenever I go here, it just feels old school Chicago from the 40s and 50s. Food is good. Service is very good. I like this place and would recommend it.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Reservations made easy, Staff very attentive,Best Beef anywhere. Done to perfection. The Garbage Salad is a must, probably want to split it. Creamed spinach good. Not a fan of them serving sliced potatoes with every meal, but........... Nice selection of wines. Don't forget the desserts too. We will be back!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Whether it is just my mom, dad, and I or with a group, I have always had great service and great food! I would recommend this restaurant every time!!