“Nice Place for a Pleasant Lunch”
Review of Bella Bacino's

Bella Bacino's
Ranked #190 of 9,614 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Houston, Texas
“Nice Place for a Pleasant Lunch”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had a very pleasant lunch at BB. The food is typical Italian, well prepared and the service was fine. The decor is not unpleasant, but best described as dated Italian. While fine for lunch, we would not seek it out for dinner.

• Visited October 2012

Adelaide, Australia
“Chicago Deep Dish Pizza”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've tried sone other Chicago places for Deep Dish on previous visits and been underwhelmed - either by ridiculously high prices, or disappointing too-heavy-on-the-crust pizza.
The pizza we had at Bella Bacino's struck a near perfect balance.
The place was almost full and we waited in the bar, then decided to order and eat there to save time which was fine and we were not in any way hurried on.
The bartender was great, friendly and knowledge, and suggested some local beers that were far better than expected.
But the highlight was the pizza. The set combinations weren't very appealing to these Aussies, so we ordered cheese and added 3 of our own ingredients to each (which worked out to be the same price). They came deliciously stuffed, packed with flavour, and perfectly balanced combinations.
We order three "bambinos" to share between two of us which was slightly too much, but left us both extremely full and delighted with the variety. And the price was outstanding - under $30 for three shared pizzas, two beers and a soft drink.
Highly recommend!

Chicago, Illinois
“Good food and reasonably priced”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went to Bella Bacino's about 3 years ago, largely out of convenience since I was staying at the Club Quarters and the restaurant is right off the lobby. I think I've been back every time I've traveled to Chicago for business or with my family since that first visit. I think it's particularly good for families, since dining in Chicago for 4 is expensive and the prices here are very reasonable. The food is very good, too, and it has a wide enough variety to satisfy everyone... from the Gorgonzola pear salad for me to homemade pizza for my youngest child. I prefer the regular menu items to the pizza, but my daughter and husband like it. And I've never had bad service. Sometimes the front hostesses seem a little overwhelmed, especially if it's busy, but servers have always been attentive and friendly. We'll continue to go here... in fact, my kids pretty much insist on it now.

Lake Forest, Illinois
“Wine And Pizza”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great Italian Food and The Best Pizza Chicago has to Offer..

The wine List is great ...You wont be disappointed ..
Linda Bascin and staff are always at the top of their game...

Bello Bacinos is on my top 10 favorite Chicago Dinning spots..

Visited November 2012
Baltimore, MD
“Stay for the pizza, send back the bread”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The first thing to remember is that you should order pizza from a place which is known for its pizza; our mistake. The folks who ordered pizza seemed very happy with their meals

We started the evening with the Pear and Gorgonzola salad, which, although a tad over-dressed, was the best thing we ate (it was quite tasty). While there was nothing intrinsically wrong with our entrees (penne al bogonese and the meatball special), there was also nothing special about them -- they were, as the kids say, 'Meh' -- nothing much to say there. On the other hand, the bread that comes with your meal needs to be returned to the kitchen. I believe it may be a tomato-poppy seed thing; however the flavor is indescribable, and not in a good way. The crust seemed burned and the flavor was not pleasant. Definitely something to be missed, and when combined with the lack-luster entrees, made for an overall unfortunate impression.

1 Thank swim_coach61

Been to Bella Bacino's? Share your experiences!