“I hate cilantro and still had an amazing meal”
Review of Frontera Grill

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Illinois
Transit: Red Line - Grand Avenue
Description: Frontera Grill serves authentic Mexican Food in a fun, casual & relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I'm one of those few people who can't stand cilantro (it makes everything taste like soap) but I told the waiter my aversion and they were beyond accommodating, the meal was fantastic! Plus, my husband is a gin & tonic aficionado and he loved their version. He's still talking about it now almost 10 months later!

1  Thank jenserafi13
Write a ReviewReviews (1,921)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Everything at the Frontera Grill was wonderful. Great food, Great service and affordable pricing. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Food presentation was not up to par; too many things on a cold plate. Guacamole was Ok. Meat not so.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We started our trip to Chicago with the seven course tasting dinner with wine pairings at Topolobampo. Overall, the food was very good and the service and wine pairings were excellent. While we enjoyed it, I don't think we would go back as the food just didn't blow me away, and for these prices, it should!

1  Thank Alan Y
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Have wanted to eat at a Rick Bayless restaurant for a long time, but just don't get out downtown much any more. Had concert tickets at House of Blues (just a 2 block walk from FG) and was able to get an early dinner table. The menu is exciting, the food was delicious and the service was very, very good. One of the specials was a slow-roasted pulled pork made in banana leaves that was excellent. The two table next to us also ordered it and we all had a big discussion about how good it was. The menu changes every month so be on the lookout for a new favorite dish.

They also offer up some of the best margaritas, made with inventive ingredients, that I've had in a long time. None of that so-so tequila with lots of pre-made mix here.

Reservations can be hard to get so plan ahead and call the restaurant directly as the Open Table spots fill up quickly.

Enjoy!