“A Taste of Cajun in Chicago”
Review of Heaven on Seven - CLOSED

Heaven on Seven
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Cross street: Rush and Ohio
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great food, huge portions. Wide variety of cajun selections as well as food for those that don't care for hot and spicy. Fun atmosphere and good service.

1  Thank mrush16848

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Loved the Shrimp Po-boys! Husband had the fish fry which was also great! Will definitely return as the place was very accommodating as we had our newborn with us.

1  Thank Andrea W
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Heaven on Seven used to be my favorite restaurant in the world. I once flew down to Chicago just to eat there!

My tastes have since changed, but we went there on a recent family vacation, and the food is still really good. We had the crab cakes, coconut shrimp, fried chicken, and of course, the gumbo.

Everything was nicely spiced. keep up the good work!

1  Thank tadak
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great atmosphere! The gumbo that came with the meal was really tasty! I had the Shrimp & Grits, which was recommended by my server. The perfect recommendation! The grits were smooth and cheesy, the shrimp was delicious, and the mushrooms and ham were a perfect addition. I wish I would have saved room for dessert! Did I mention the hot sauce?! I love hot sauce and they had a huge variety! I was in hot sauce heaven!!!!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

It's true. You gotta try the gumbo!This was my first taste of gumbo and I wish that I had got the big bowl and not the little cup. It's a spicy stew with Andouille sausage (made from pigs bottoms!) and rice. Not what I expected at all. I think I expected it to be more soup like. Very tasty and left me wanting more but the second course was already on route.
My husband had delicious Louisiana crab cakes and I had fried green tomatoes and crab. Sadly the tomatoes were covered in a breadcrumb batter but once I got rid of that, they were delicious.
They have 12 different hot sauces for you to try. 'Smack my a ss and call me Sally' was too hot for us but still our favourite, just for the name!