“Perfect for children.”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Rainforest Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #545 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The children loved it from the moment we entered! From the moving animals to the thunder storms, kept them amused whilst we tried the cocktails!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Even though the place wasn't busy it took around 20 minutes before anyone came to take any order from us. At least the waitress did actually apologise for the wait. The food was average, my shrimp was a little limp, although my wife's coconut shrimp was nice. It's a little expensive for what you get.

1  Thank stu_uk
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

My family & I always visit the RFC in Florida, so when we saw the location in Chicago we deciced to stop as my 6yr old loves the atmosphere. Server was nice! We always arrive at places like this right when they open, to avoid long wait times. We were sat right away in a section of our choice. I will agree that the food is just okay and overpriced. We continue to go for the atmosphere. It's great for young kids. We always order the appetizer as its huge and only like $20. Enough for 2 of 3 people this way we can enjoy the atmosphere with out over spending.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went here for kids to have the experience & really didn't expect much but unfortunately it didn't meet our very low expectations. The animals and rainforest ambience were overshadowed by the poor quality of the place. Went on a Saturday evening, had reservations but didn't seem necessary. The restaurant was full but not very long wait for those without reservations. Our service was slow, and the restaurant felt dated & dirty. The worst part by far was the food. We expected decent chain-restaurant food (not great, just decent). Everything we tried was low quality & way too salty. Even the carrot sticks with the kids meal were mushy! Eww! Would not recommend & will not be back.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We recently took our boys here after hearing so many great things about it. It's definitely a great place to go if you have kids, if you don't I'd skip it. The atmosphere is fantastic, with the dancing animals, thunder, lightning, & rain storm sounds. The menu leaves a lot to be desired. Our wait for our entrees was over 35 minutes, Server explained to us there was a miscommunication somewhere in the kitchen & food would arrive shortly. Another 10 min wait & it was finally there. Normally I wouldn't mind waiting for exceptional food, but our meal was far from that. I would say their food is no better than Applebee's, but at $14 for a salad I expect way more. The volcano was our 5 year olds favorite part. 3 slices of brownie stacked up with ice cream & whipped cream in the middle, then they stick a sparkler in it & charge you $15. I guess the $15 price tag is worth the excitement on your kids face when they see it coming, but taste wise it's not great.