“Amazing Seafood”
Review of Shaw's Crab House

Shaw's Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shaw's Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 10,080 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State St.
Description: Big and Bustling, Shaw's Crab House stands as a monument to fish and seafood. Besides the usual popular dishes, Shaw's management team is passionate about presenting treats such as Pacific salmon, fresh king crab, and smelt during their short seasons. Reservations made through Open Table will be for Shaw's Main Dining Room. If you would like to dine in the Oyster Bar, all seating is on a first come first serve basis.
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My friends had eaten here several times, but it was a first for me and my husband. The food was amazing - starting with the bread, which none of us could stop eating. I had the Tuna and it was melt in your mouth - my husband and our friend had the special and my other friend had the crab legs. We started off with an appetizer sampler with calamari, shrimp and crab cakes. All three were amazing. We decided it was the best calamari that any of us have had. Definitely a must for the seafood lover!

1  Thank Rebekah W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,764)

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is the best seafood restaurant in Chicago. Been around for many years. Food and service are always outstanding. Great atmosphere. Nice wine list. Everything is ala carte and not inexpensive, but you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Carlos is a terrific waiter and the oysters were fresh and BIG! They have music on Friday/Sat nights in the bar. I prefer the bar area for dining or the actual bar to the right as you walk in

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Old and elegant. The buzz of activity we encountered, told me straight off it was going to be good.
And it was- we shared three appy's plus of course some Oysters. Food was good and service as well. Check out the oyster bar.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

this is the best Seafood and the most crowded restaurant in Chicago
you have to try the Crab cake
if you are a group of friends you might order the hot starter mix for 4-5 people
if you are alone and would like to try a bit of everything then the grilled seafood platter would be optimum

Been to Shaw's Crab House? Share your experiences!