“Always great food and music”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shaw's Crab House

Shaw's Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shaw's Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 9,495 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State St.
Description: Big and Bustling, Shaw's Crab House stands as a monument to fish and seafood. Besides the usual popular dishes, Shaw's management team is passionate about presenting treats such as Pacific salmon, fresh king crab, and smelt during their short seasons. Reservations made through Open Table will be for Shaw's Main Dining Room. If you would like to dine in the Oyster Bar, all seating is on a first come first serve basis.
Carmel, IN
“Always great food and music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We always sit in the bar, and shared a lobster. Food is always quality, and live jazz was in progress. A bit loud since we were seated very close to the band.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent service, great crab cakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The crab cake appetizer was delicious - not a lot of filler, great amount of crab, not greasy. Smaller than I'd like...but probably because they tasted so darn good and I wanted more. They were on the smaller side compared to what I've had elsewhere.

All portions seem to be smaller at Shaw's, but tasty and you didn't leave feeling unsatisfied. The bread is sourdough and oh so yummy! I had the salmon for dinner and it was ok. Not the best salmon I've had.

We had my son with us (11 year old) and we ate at the Oyster bar to avoid a long wait. Every server was so attentive to him - they really do a great job of catering to the kids.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I went to Shaw’s Crab House on my last visit many years ago and couldn’t wait to go again. We booked last minute and could not get a reservation until 8:45 pm on a Sunday night but like last time I was not disappointed. We started off with a shrimp appetizer and ordered the surf and turf as our main. Both the steak and lobster tail were done to perfection. Just melted in my mouth.

Not only was the food good but the service was impeccable as well.

The price is not cheap but the food and experience is definitely worth it.

• Visited July 2013
Huntington, New York
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Living on the East Coast and eating shellfish in Chicago, one might think I am nuts, but alas, Shaw's was as good as any dedicated Seafood restaurant in the NYC area that I have tried. The King Crab "nuggets" appetizer was to die for and completely shelled twin tails left for nothing but complete satisfaction. My wife has an incredibly tasty piece of salmon. Great, great meal.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“If the fish were any fresher, you would have to slap their face!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Shaw's Crab House is a Chicago restaurant, part of the Lettuce Entertain You group, and is a destination just east of Michigan Avenue on Hubbard Street.
We entertained a group of important customers for dinner during a trade show week, and the customers (all from a small town in the Midwest) had a blast experiencing very fresh fish options!
We started with the Hot and Cold mixed seafood appetizer plates, and they were an amazing assortment of seafood delights. Shrimp cocktail, oysters, lobster tail, and lots of other goodies were spread across the table in a tower format, and the dining began.
The service was very good, with our server providing knowledgeable advice on dinner and wine selections. He suggested a LESS expensive wine from Oregon than the one I was picking, and gave it an appropriately high rating.
Our customers did not all order seafood, but those that did were very happy with the flavor and presentation. I ordered several side dishes for the table, and it was way more than enough.
The atmosphere at Shaws is upbeat and nautical fun, mixed with Chicago flavor. It was the perfect spot to entertain good customers.
The price for a table of 8 was not cheap, but it was well less than what we would have spent at one of the high end steak houses nearby.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Shaw's Crab House? Share your experiences!