“Tasty Lobster”
Review of Shaw's Crab House

Shaw's Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shaw's Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State St.
Description: Big and Bustling, Shaw's Crab House stands as a monument to fish and seafood. Besides the usual popular dishes, Shaw's management team is passionate about presenting treats such as Pacific salmon, fresh king crab, and smelt during their short seasons. Reservations made through Open Table will be for Shaw's Main Dining Room. If you would like to dine in the Oyster Bar, all seating is on a first come first serve basis.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very good seafood-lobster-big joyful restaurant, not cheap but not extremely pricey for the food quality. Good Pinot Grigio!

There are newer reviews for Shaw's Crab House

Reviewed July 2, 2013

If you can not get a reservation sit at the bar. The bartenders are all fantastic and extremely knowledgeable. If Oysters are your thing, this is your spot, they have 10-15 different varieties that are shucked to order . If you like sushi I recommend the tuna avocado roll. There steaks are prime & the crab ( rotates on a seasonal basis, what ever is in season is what they are serving) is divine.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Picked Shaw's for a special birthday dinner for my Mom. We enjoyed the service, the food, and the atmosphere. She had the surf and turf and I had the fish, we had the beet side dish and each had dessert, everything was really good.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Everything is awesome ! Food, service, atmosphere - experience real Chicago! Everything is made on site.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I went to Shaw's for lunch while in Chicago on a mini-vacation. We were looking for someplace special to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and a friend had suggested Shaw's. We liked the place from the minute that we walked in - it has a fabulous "old school" vibe, with dark leather booths and lots of beautiful woodwork - very charming and inviting. We ordered a variety of small dishes - lobster bisque, shrimp cocktail, oyster sampler, whitefish, and a lovely chopped salad - and every single dish was exceptionally good. I think the lobster bisque was the best I have ever tasted, and a far cry from what most restaurant serve (which always seems to be 90% cream). Shaw's bisque was deeply colored and intensely flavorful, and I could have happily eaten a second bowlful. The service was great, too - both friendly and professional. I highly recommend this place, and look forward to returning.

Been to Shaw's Crab House? Share your experiences!