“A Coastal experience in the Midwest !”
Review of Shaw's Crab House

Shaw's Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shaw's Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 9,675 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State St.
Description: Big and Bustling, Shaw's Crab House stands as a monument to fish and seafood. Besides the usual popular dishes, Shaw's management team is passionate about presenting treats such as Pacific salmon, fresh king crab, and smelt during their short seasons. Reservations made through Open Table will be for Shaw's Main Dining Room. If you would like to dine in the Oyster Bar, all seating is on a first come first serve basis.
Chicago, Illinois
“A Coastal experience in the Midwest !”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I ate here for lunch because I was craving a lobster roll. However, I was also trying to suppress my oyster appetite. However, how can one do this when there are at least 10 different kind of oysters to pick from? i decided to choose the Chef's Choice. This is now my favorite. Six varied oysters served with vinegar ice and a nice mild red horseradish sauce for $15.00. After this yummy beginning, I couldn't wait for my lobster roll to arrive. Voila, the baked-in-house New England roll stuffed with large chunks of lobster meat had finally made it's way to me. It was a little too grilled for me.....but that is simply a preference. I like my lobster rolls lightly grilled. Yet, It did not disappoint. The roll was buttery....the lobster was cold and very fresh......just the way they should be. I really think this lobster roll should be priced at around 21.00 instead of $25.00. I have eaten many great lobster rolls from Novia Scotia to Cape Cod. I have never paid this much for a lobster roll. But that's okay.....I loved eating on the Oyster Bar side, the service and food were great.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Odessa, Florida
“Specatacuar Easter Brunch”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We happened to be visiting our daughter in Chicago over Easter weekend, and arranged to go to Shaw's for Easter Sunday. It was outstanding. Was it gourmet? no. But everything I ate was outstanding for all-you-can-eat- brunch affairs, and was worth every penny. Instead of the standard roast beef station, they had tenderloin. Instead of the standard peel-n-eat shrimp, they had prawns in tails. Eggs benedict is usually overcooked in buffets, but theirs was cooked perfectly. King crab with melon balls; caramelized bacon; raw oyster bar; king crab legs pre-cut for easy opening; non-alcoholic drinks free. Our waitress was right there with all drinks, etc we needed, and plates were immediately removed from the table. I do not know if this buffet or similar is offered every Sunday, but if you get a chance to go, DO IT.

1 Thank Lexaqua
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great! ”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We ate in the Oyster Bar on Easter Sunday. All the food was exceptional. We ordered off the menu and that took a while because they were doing a big brunch with a lot of demanding guests with high holiday expectations but everyone was friendly and helpful. It is really expensive but that's par for the course for really good fresh seafood in the city. The atmosphere is retro and fun.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Easter Sunday buffet”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Which was not what we wanted. Had we known it was a help yourself buffet, we'd have never have gone. The seafood selection was great though. Much preferred Roy's.

Marmora, New Jersey
“A classic!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Came here on recommendation of friends! We sat on oyster bar side and had a blast! Chatted it up with friendly locals and out of towners like us.Went for the cold combo and some sushi. All very good. The bar staff is super friendly and attentive. Fun place to get a Chicago feel. A little pricey but not unexpectedly so.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Shaw's Crab House? Share your experiences!