“Great meal in a classy setting”
Review of Shaw's Crab House

Shaw's Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shaw's Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State St.
Description: Big and Bustling, Shaw's Crab House stands as a monument to fish and seafood. Besides the usual popular dishes, Shaw's management team is passionate about presenting treats such as Pacific salmon, fresh king crab, and smelt during their short seasons. Reservations made through Open Table will be for Shaw's Main Dining Room. If you would like to dine in the Oyster Bar, all seating is on a first come first serve basis.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our first time at Shaw's Crab house was a Valentine's Dinner. The meal was excellent, service, prompt, and the servers are very knowledgeable about the seafood. The atmosphere is 20s Supper Club with light jazz music in the background. Perfect for a romantic meal! It's a little pricey, but you get a wonderful meal and experience-reservations are a must!

1  Thank kstaunton
Write a ReviewReviews (2,760)

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Unlike all the other reviewers, I found Shaw's to be disappointing and incredibly average. I found the setting to be Disney-like, trying to appear like and old-fashioned crab house, but all fake. My food was good, but $36. for a 7oz serving of salmon I found overly pricey. Our service was average. There were two of us, we each had a drink, shared an entree and had a side of spinach and the bill came to $96. I must admit that I am more of a small independently owned restaurant kind of a gal, but I have eaten at other restaurants in this restaurant groups repertoire and have not been so disappointed, ie, Gibson's was much better. I will not be back.

1  Thank teedeeandchelchel
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Some of the BEST seafood I have ever had. Had King crab, Crab cakes butterflied shrimp and they fly in the seafood daily and you can sure tell ! Nice wine list and great service will be back for sure !

Reviewed February 8, 2013

While visiting family, we dined here and as most reviewers have already stated, this is great dining at it's best. Unpretentious, attentive staff, classic decor, and impeccable service. Pricey but hey it's Chicago. Best seafood chowder and King crab claws ever. Harvest salad was great as well; only suggestion for improving that would be some shaved fennel. Bread is to die for and wine selections superb. Sides of green beans and Brussels sprouts cooked perfectly. Desserts are big so 3 of us shared the berry pie. Highly recommended. After dinner stop by the adjoining room for drinks and live jazz. Can't do better than Shaw's.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

On trips to Chicago, we try to eat at Shaws. It is an "old fashioned" crab house. Reminds us of our days in Maryland by the shore. The meals are always good and the seafood fresh. The waiters are knowledgable. In the summer, they have a watermelon margarita that I LOVE.
We had dinner there last Sat for our anniversary. Great meal.

Been to Shaw's Crab House? Share your experiences!