“Great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shaw's Crab House

Shaw's Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shaw's Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 9,467 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State St.
Description: Big and Bustling, Shaw's Crab House stands as a monument to fish and seafood. Besides the usual popular dishes, Shaw's management team is passionate about presenting treats such as Pacific salmon, fresh king crab, and smelt during their short seasons. Reservations made through Open Table will be for Shaw's Main Dining Room. If you would like to dine in the Oyster Bar, all seating is on a first come first serve basis.
Cincinnati, OH
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I ate here on Friday night while in town for work. We were early for our reservation so started with a drink at the bar. Our food was great. We had oysters, I ordered the crab cake, my husband the grilled tuna and we split choc. cake. Everything was really good. Our server did a great job. She was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The atmosphere was great. It was croweded and the tables are close but not too close.

There is also an oyster bar to the right when you walk in-that looked like a fun, casual place.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Massillon, Ohio
“Can't miss in Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Ambiance is pure 20's Chicago. I wouldn't have batted an eye if Al Capone had sat down at the bar. Food is awesome although a bit pricey for someone from Canton, OH. I had the scallops. Best I've ever had. Service was great. Highly recommend.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank airdvr1227
Lockport, Illinois
“It was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I ate here with my 12 year old daughter in early January. We had made reservations and were seated in the bar area. I would have been happier in the dining room. I did notice some families with small kids in our area - maybe it was a kid's section. I thought the overall service was good.

My daughter and I both had the lobster bisque soup ($8 each) which was wonderful. My daughter had a 1/2 order (1/2 pound) of Alaskan King Crab Legs butterflied so she could just scoop out the crab meat. I was happy they were able to do a 1/2 order because the full 1 pound order is $47. She was thrilled and loved it. I think they charged us $33 for her order. I ordered the Shaw's Seafood Platter consisting of 3 rather rubbery garlic shrimp, 3 ish scallops (1 full scallop and then a some scallop pieces - the presentation was lousy, but the scallops tasted good), and one crabcake which was good. My entree was $33.

My entree didn't meet my expectations. I didn't complain to the server, though.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kristen W
Carmel, Indiana
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

They have an oyster bar fresh lobster (right from a tank) and wonderful food. If you go there you have to try a desert a recomend the sampler platter is has all the best deserts. There oyseters are very unique you can get them in multiple styles i recommend the creamed spinch they put in the shell with the oyster and mix the two. If you have kids the place is very kid friendly and has kidde cocktails. And of course they have great crabs of all kinds cooked in many ways.

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Unique”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

My parents took me to this restaurant for my birthday. Very big and busy - felt very Chicago like. Food and service were lovely - including a cake with happy birthday done in chocolate on the side of the plate. A memorable special night with my wonderfully special parents.

Visited July 2012

Been to Shaw's Crab House? Share your experiences!