“Can't miss in Chicago”
Review of Shaw's Crab House

Shaw's Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shaw's Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 9,660 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State St.
Description: Big and Bustling, Shaw's Crab House stands as a monument to fish and seafood. Besides the usual popular dishes, Shaw's management team is passionate about presenting treats such as Pacific salmon, fresh king crab, and smelt during their short seasons. Reservations made through Open Table will be for Shaw's Main Dining Room. If you would like to dine in the Oyster Bar, all seating is on a first come first serve basis.
Massillon, Ohio
“Can't miss in Chicago”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Ambiance is pure 20's Chicago. I wouldn't have batted an eye if Al Capone had sat down at the bar. Food is awesome although a bit pricey for someone from Canton, OH. I had the scallops. Best I've ever had. Service was great. Highly recommend.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank airdvr1227

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Lockport, Illinois
“It was okay”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I ate here with my 12 year old daughter in early January. We had made reservations and were seated in the bar area. I would have been happier in the dining room. I did notice some families with small kids in our area - maybe it was a kid's section. I thought the overall service was good.

My daughter and I both had the lobster bisque soup ($8 each) which was wonderful. My daughter had a 1/2 order (1/2 pound) of Alaskan King Crab Legs butterflied so she could just scoop out the crab meat. I was happy they were able to do a 1/2 order because the full 1 pound order is $47. She was thrilled and loved it. I think they charged us $33 for her order. I ordered the Shaw's Seafood Platter consisting of 3 rather rubbery garlic shrimp, 3 ish scallops (1 full scallop and then a some scallop pieces - the presentation was lousy, but the scallops tasted good), and one crabcake which was good. My entree was $33.

My entree didn't meet my expectations. I didn't complain to the server, though.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Kristen W
Carmel, Indiana
“Great Place”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

They have an oyster bar fresh lobster (right from a tank) and wonderful food. If you go there you have to try a desert a recomend the sampler platter is has all the best deserts. There oyseters are very unique you can get them in multiple styles i recommend the creamed spinch they put in the shell with the oyster and mix the two. If you have kids the place is very kid friendly and has kidde cocktails. And of course they have great crabs of all kinds cooked in many ways.

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Unique”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My parents took me to this restaurant for my birthday. Very big and busy - felt very Chicago like. Food and service were lovely - including a cake with happy birthday done in chocolate on the side of the plate. A memorable special night with my wonderfully special parents.

Visited July 2012
“Great Oysters”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I’ve been meaning to write a review of Shaw’s for a long time. We ALWAYS eat here when we visit Chicago. They have one of the best varieties of oysters of any establishment I have eaten at, anywhere in the country. Every time we visit, we eat in the bar, and try to time our visit when there is live music. The place is usually crowded and we have to wait to be seated, most times, but the wait is well worth it. They fly in fresh seafood from both ends of the country and Canada and everything we have ever had is fresh, the gumbo is good, and the oysters are always good. I also always get one of their Bloody Mary’s.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Fred D

Been to Shaw's Crab House? Share your experiences!