“great meal with big group”
Review of Hackney's - CLOSED

Hackney's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: We are not going anywhere. Stay tuned for our new concept in this space, opening in 2017.
Sturgis, Michigan
“great meal with big group”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had the hackney burger and we had onion rings as appetizers and everything was wonderful. We ate here once before before I started doing revues and this is definitely a place I like to visit when in Glenview. The service was great and the meal was better.

Visited June 2013

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good sandwiches”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The sandwiches were good, and include tasty pretzel bun options. A good beer selection as well, although they were, sadly, out of a couple. The side of quinoa was okay, but a good alternative.

Chicago, Illinois
“South side treat”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

For those who know Hackey's from the suburbs, here is a little south loop treat. Was there on a Sunday for Bruch, but once inside, had to pass on the eggs to get a Hackney Burger!! YUM, delicious as always. Comes with your choice of 6 different side items, so if you do not want fries, there are healthier options. But I would suggest the fries as they are battered and golden fried to perfection. The olny draw back was slow service. Was not very crowded when we were there, but the wiat staff has a tendency to get lost. The bar staff is friendly and outgoing, and a large selction of beers, including many craft beers..

bay area, california
“Beer lovers, Burgers, Breakfast & More”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had take out from Hackney's twice on our last trip as it was around the corner & we had a sick relative unable to go out. My husband had gone there several times before and while waiting for take out he would try one of their stout beers during their "Stoutuary" month...their bar has a pub like atmosphere, but the restaurant portion, although small is comfortable and very nice. For their food - great burgers with several selections of buns - pretzel bun was a favorite on an inside out burger (bacon & cheese on the inside of the burger). For mother's day we ordered off their brunch menu - great chocolate chip pancakes for the kids (BTW kids menu good), eggs benedict and then I split a mexican skillet with my husband (chorizo, avacado, eggs, potatoes, salsa & side of fresh tortillas) - again yum. Loved the new host, he was very nice and courteous as well. :)

Toronto
“Yes, I said it- terrible.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Just went there tonight after many of the reviews I was very excited to go - however, my husband and I left very disappointed. We ordered the fried onions to start with- maybe I was expecting some ing big and delicious and they were as stated "fired onions" - no biggie. You can get these anywhere (same with the French fries - might as well buy McCain frozen fries). Had the Hackneys burger on rye - again I thought this would be incredible. It literally was a patty between two pieces of rye bread (not even toasted- just slapped together). You put on your own toppings.

Also, the service was either too efficient or just rushing us out. We got our appetizer of the fried onions and then after two bites we got our main. Most restaurants wait until youre close to being done your apps before brining the main.

I don't get all the "hoop-la". I guess I'm missing something. Will never recommend to anyone.

• Visited April 2013