“Molto Bene!”
Review of 312 Chicago

312 Chicago
Reserve with OpenTable
312 Chicago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #158 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Randolph
Transit: CTA: Clark/Lake Stop Blue/Green/Brown/Pink/Purple Line Stop (Exit to Thompson Center, then go 1/2 block west)
Description: Alive with robust flavor and convivial spirit, 312 Chicago stands out as one of the city's favorite restaurants. Our Loop location, inviting atmosphere and authentic Italian cuisine come together for memorable meals in the heart of the Windy City. Adjacent to Hotel Allegro, our bustling restaurant showcases innovative takes on Northern Italian classics as devised by our Italian-born Chef Luca Corazzina. From flavorful bar bites to full Italian feasts, satisfy your senses at our restaurant.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We spent our last night in Chicago -- and almost $200! -- on the most delightful Italian cuisine ever. We each had a glass of Pro Secco with the antipasto we split, and a glass of chianti with the two entrees we split. Then it was a whiskey for him and an Amora for me with our sinfully rich desserts. We went after the theatre crowd was already at their theatres, around 9pm, so we were one of three parties in the dining room. The service was incredible... but the food, even more so. Love me some 312!!

Andy P, Manager at 312 Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Diana, thank you for choosing to spend your last night in Chicago with us! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your dinner, dining later after 7 pm is definitely the way to go if you want to avoid the theater crowd. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Chicago. Ciao!

There are newer reviews for 312 Chicago

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Business lunch, two ordered risotto, which they liked, one ordered a burger, and I had pureed pea soup and amberjack. Fish was prepared with cherry tomatoes, capers, olives and served on steamed spinach; bit on the salty side, but edible. Nothing extraordinary but not a bad meal. Portions generous; good service.

Tommy G, Manager at 312 Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

ChicagoTexas I wanted to apologize as it sounds like we did not hit our mark during your lunch visit. Come visit us again soon as Chef Lucas new spring menu is sure to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I titled my review to acknowledge that some have reported mixed results at the 312 Chicago. We have dined here 3 or 4 times over the past three years, and each time found it to offer outstanding food, and, usually, good service. The dinner menu is predominantly creative Italina cuisine. When we dined there recently it was 'Chicago Restaurant Week' and there were some fixed price offerings that looked quite nice. We opted for ordering off the regular menu which opened more options and, because we split our prima and seconda, didn't cost that much more. The soup of the day was Carrot and Ginger with bits of Ameretto biscotti crumbled on top. I enjoy Ameretto biscotti, but found the pairing with the soup to be odd. The soup was fantastic however, rich in flavor, warm and comforting and a generous portion. We then split the Strozzapretti. Now in Umbria, Strozzapreti ('strangle a priest') is a heavy duty broad pasta noodle that is quite substantial; here it turned out to be a sort of spinich gnochi or dumpling, served with a well seasoned lamb raghu. It was delicious and quite rich. Our seconda was a Barramundi--a firm white fish usually encountered in Australian waters. Again the results were wonderful. The bread service was generous and we were able to deploy pieces to get the last bit of t sauces on our two mains. Dessert offerings were interesting, particularly Fig tart, but
one opted to the Chocalate gelato--served at an optimal cool, but not icy temperature. Coffee service was fine. The wine selections include a wide range of offerings from moderately high to very very high. We had two bottles of a fine Malbec that was about $41.

Service at 312, in our experience is usually good,and attentive 'mostly.' We arrived to a nearly full restaurant--apparently a lot of diners were aiming for a 7:30 curtain at the Cadillac Theatre next door. Our server was very upbeat and welcoming, but tended to appear and disappear--multitasking with odd gaps in taking our orders. The noise level was high, but calmed once the theatre crowd had left for the show. Overall the service was fine.

Because we do enjoy the styles and flavors of cooking at the 312, we will return on most visits that have us in the Loop or nearby. I regard it as one of the better restaurants in the center of the city that does not require negotiating a second mortgage for a big night out. I recommend it highly.

Tommy G, Manager at 312 Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Shri420 Thank You for the kind review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your evening and the Barramundi is one of my favorites. Next time i recommend trying the Triangolini and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very nice fixe prix dinner. Scallops, pork chops (delicious )' and tiramisu !! I enjoyed the ambience and food! I will make a return trip.

Andy P, Manager at 312 Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Prix Fixe dinner, Greg! We're always changing our special menus, so be sure to keep an eye out next time you're in the area. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This restaurant is close to the theaters however, after wine and bread it is all downhill. We had squash soup which tasted canned. The soup had amaretto cookies sprinkled on top which was just strange. The sauces on the ravioli and tortelloni also tasted canned. The service was very attentive and the hostess very kind but we won't go there for pre-theater again.

Andy P, Manager at 312 Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your dinner. While I can assure you that all of our dishes are made fresh, I'm sorry that they fell short of your expectations. I'm glad that your server and the hostess took good care of you, and I hope that you might consider giving us another chance next time you are in the neighborhood.