“Delicious Meal”

Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse River North
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse River North is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 9,520 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Dearborn
Transit: CTA Bus: 29-State, 36-Broadway, 62-Archer. Red Line Train (Grand)
Description: Named “Best Steakhouse in Chicago” by the Chicago Tribune Dining Poll, Best of Citysearch Poll and Metromix on CLTV, Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse serves the finest prime, aged steaks, chops and Italian favorites. The sophisticated, high energy restaurant is home to a museum-quality collection of sports memorabilia, original newspapers and photographs. The combination of mahogany paneling and white tablecloths creates a warm and casual elegance, while the friendly, energetic atmosphere embodies the amiable personality of the restaurant’s namesake. Big-name athletes, celebrities and politicians are regularly spotted at this must-see Chicago institution. Guests seeking a welcoming spot to catch any major sporting event can hang out in Harry’s plasma-packed bar. Located in the heart of Chicago’s River North, Harry Caray’s, designated the Official Home Plate of the Chicago Cubs, is within walking distance of numerous major hotels and office buildings.
“Delicious Meal”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I recently visited Chicago and chose Harry Caray's for dinner on a busy Friday night. We were able to be seated right away since we went a little early. We were promptly served our drinks and bread. We both ordered steaks which were tender and perfectly cooked and could have possibly been cut and eaten with a spoon. My filet was absolutely delicious and my husband's strip was also very good. We shared a bowl of mashed potatoes which was average but good. We were full but could not pass up the creme brulee for dessert. It was the perfect blend of creaminess inside and crunchy sugar on top. It was served with fresh berries on the side. I did not order a salad but saw other patron's salads as they were being served and they looked plentiful. I love the atmosphere of this restaurant and enjoyed looking at all the old photos which adorn the walls.

• Visited September 2013

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Great Place for a Quick Dinner in the Bar ... Or a Night Out with Friends in the Dining Room”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've been a fan of Harry Carey's for many years. Whether entertaining clients, dining out with friends ... or grabbing a quick dinner in the bar after a long day at work, Harry Carey's never disappoints. Service is what you'd expect at a $$$$ restaurant ... prompt and attentive with no detail missed. The menu offers generous-sizes pasta dishes in the $$ to $$$, as well as a full compliment of steaks in the $$$$ range. Sides are ala carte.

On my most recent visit, a friend and I ducked into the bar after a long day at work. We were starving, and were fortunate enough to find a table at 8:00pm. I ordered Fettuccini Alfredo and my buddy ordered the Seafood Pasta. The Fettuccini was excellent (as always). Served in a large bowl with a generous amount of chicken. My buddy's pasta dish was teaming with giant prawns (at least a dozen). So much food that neither of us could finish our meal. My Fettuccini was about $18. My buddy's pasta was about $26. Service was excellent, as always.

The bar atmosphere is great, with a combination of hungry after-work patrons and locals lining the bar. The MLB playoff games were on the TVs. Never a rush to finish your meal. Great place to enjoy great food. Relax and unwind.

1 Thank STP1606
Oakley, California
“Middle of the road”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our dinner at Harry Caray's was pleasant enough, but nothing special. The sidewalk dining area was nice, and our server was friendly and attentive. However, my Bloody Mary was pretty much tasteless while the Chicken Vesuvio was acceptable but not something I'm likely to order again. Overall, not really a bad meal but with all the great restaurants in Chicago we're not likely to return here.

Tampa, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've dined all over the world, and Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse is one of my favorites. The service is always impeccable, the restaurant is spotless, and the food is extraordinary. Great evening for all!

• Visited August 2013
Bend, Oregon
“A great way to spend an evening with good food and memorabilia”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Good atmosphere and a great steak selection. We enjoyed the many sides and especially recommend the corn brûlée . We went Ina Sunday night and they were out of ribeyes and bison. Even though they were out of a few menu items, the waiter Tweed was very helpful and made our evening a good one.