“Worth the wait!”

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria
Ranked #65 of 9,812 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 27, 2014

In Chicago for the weekend . Had to try a local Deep dish pizza and Lou Malnati,s has got to one of the best pizzas that we've ever had. Do try the glaze on the crust and the wait was worth it .

Reviewed August 24, 2014

I was really exspecting a long wait in line but we were seated rather fast. on the other hand waiting for the pizza seemed to take awhile but that could be because I was so hunger!! my husband and I split a small deep dish pizza it was perfect for the two of us and im a big eater!! the crust alone was so good!! loved it!!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

If you like deep dish, this is THE place. This location is fairly small & has some outside seating. May have to wait since pizzas do take time to prepare

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stopped here on a recent vacation trip. Place had been recommended by locals and hotel staff and also had great reviews on TripAdvisor and Yelp.

Got here on a Friday evening around 6 PM and there was already a line out the door. Checked in and was told the wait was 45 minutes. Not bad for a Friday night. Grabbed a drink at the bar and lingered until our name was called.

Ordered calimari for an appetizer and it was delivered in 15 minutes. Cooked perfecty with a light crispy outside and tender. Not a chewy piece in the serving. Loved the spicy marinara that was served on the side.

Now onto the pie. Ordered the Malnati's classic which comes with sausage. We added Pepperoni as we prefer a meaty pie. Pie arrived in about 30 minutes. Cooked perfectly. Nice buttery crispy crust. Quality meats and cheese. Tasty sauce. We were in deep dish heaven for the next 30 minutes. So filling we had to take half of it back to the hotel.

Can't wait to come back to ChiTown and eat here again.

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

I was in Chicago for a cubs game and had heard that Lou Malnati's was one of the best pizza places in Chicago. They are correct! I have always had pizza where there was one dominate flavor. Be it crust, sauce, cheese or toppings. But this pizza, even being deep dish was well balanced, the sauce did not taste like it came from a can, the cheese was stringy and delicious, the crust was out if this world. If I ever make it back up this way for another cubbies game, I will for sure hit them up again.

Been to Lou Malnati's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!