“DEEP DISH PIZZA!!!! Yeah!!”

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria
Ranked #66 of 9,614 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“DEEP DISH PIZZA!!!! Yeah!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was told that I HAD to try deep dish pizzas in Chicago and so on the recommendation of some colleagues, a group of us decided to head to Lou Malnati's Pizzeria. We waited a good hour for our table and for the pizza to arrive and it was worth the wait. Amazing pizzas!!! Finger licking good... dont miss this if you are in the city!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

As others have said, the place is always packed. Arriving at 5:30 we still waited over an hour for a table, then service was a bit slow as the place was very busy on a Wednesday.

The pizza is great, deep dish or thin crust, the salad was fine, and huge.

Not to be missed for great Chicago Style pizza.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Must try it!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My first and favorite Chicago style pizza!! We stopped here while on a food tour. I wish I had gone back for dinner. I'm not usually a pizza fan but I could eat this often!!

Visited August 2013
Aurora, Illinois
“I would believe this came from an authentic Italian pizzeria”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have abaolutly nothing bad to say about this restaurant! The pizza isnt like those "americanized" pizza places with like SUPER thick crust and cheap cheese. This is my favorite pizza by far and aould recommend it to any pizza lover like me. Only thing is that it can get really crowded after 6:00pm and on big sport games. But overall this is probably one of best pizza places I have ever been too.

Toronto, Canada
“Heart attack in a pan!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My poor arteries. There goes a month's workout! Yes, this place is that fatty for food and it was not a place that my wife likes and though I liked it, it is not good for me.
My kid was told to go there by his friends and we tried to go to this location (close to the hotel) on our first night here - they were packed! The chain has over a dozen restaurants and over 20 take out places and they were just packed! Wow - made a point to come early next day.
We indeed did go in early (around 5PM) and they were already busy. We literally got the last seat for four.
The order was the Malnati medium pizza, the family garden salad and a bowl of cream of spinach. It was overkill for us. The salad could feed a family of 8. The pizza was about 12" in diameter but over an inch thick. It was full of "lean" sausage and cheese. Glad it said "lean" but I don't think my last heart valve believed it. I had a slice, my wife had half a slice, the kids had a slice and half each. We still had a slice and a half left over - which we ended up not eating. My wife did like the soup - funny - she doesn't usually like creamy soups. Go figure.
If you do like pizza - and who really doesn't - you will find it worth the wait. It's a must do to see what the fuss is about. Bring an appetite and your sense of guilt - you're going to the gym after this!

• Visited July 2014