“Great Pizza!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lou Malnati's Pizzeria

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria
Ranked #61 of 9,467 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Crestview Hills, Kentucky, USA
“Great Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

And I'm not a pizza lover. I ordered a salad since I didn't think I would enjoy my meal. We ordered a small Chicago Malnati pizza for the 2 of us and the both of us wished we could have had more. Fresh, fresh, fresh, fresh. It does make a difference. I won't eat any other type of pizza -- just Lou's!

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good Chicago Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Everybody, when in Chicago, wants deep dish pizza. I've been to Pizzaria UNO's and all sorts of other deep dish pizza places. Now, I am a thin-crust pizza lover. But if I would have to direct somebody towards a deep dish pizza place I would tell them to skip over all the others and head to Lou Malnati's.

We had the buttercrust, deep dish pizza with sausage. It was very good! The service was great too, but do expect the food to take a bit longer to cook if you're ordering a deep dish pizza.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Pizza as it should be”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I'd heard that Lou Malnati's was the place to come to for proper Chicago pizza, and I wasn't disappointed. Be warned that whilst 6" may not sound like myuch for one person, it really is enough! There isn't a massive selection of deep dishes, which means that those that are there are top notch, bursting with toppings (lots of meat is definitely a plus point!) and a really buttery crust. Really great value food and attentive service.

Visited January 2013
New York
“Outstanding Tomato sauce”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Deep dish can be so gloopy - but not at Lou Malnati's. What is amazing, is how pizza can be so rich and yet so light. The sauce is light but flavorful, not super heavy. The small garden salad was enough for three people - and the gorgonzola salad dressing was home made. The fried calamaris was just ok. Save room for the pizza - it is fantastic.

• Visited January 2013
Huntsville, Texas
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Whatever you do, get a size smaller than what you think you need. The pizza is so rich, so thick, so awesome. Unlike any pizza I have ever had.