“Best Chicago Pizzeria”

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria
Ranked #62 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is the best pizza I have ever had. This is the second time we ordered and it is fantastic. The delivery was faster than expected and the delivery person was very curtious. Will visit again on our next trip to Chicago.

There are newer reviews for Lou Malnati's Pizzeria

Reviewed November 24, 2012

One of the reasons I wanted to go to Chicago was for the deep dish pizza. I'd heard that Lou Malnati's was one of the best, so I added it to my radar.

Well, I have to agree with what I have heard. It's delicious! It really tastes fresh and wasn't overly greasy. My boyfriend ordered a small original, and it was just enough for us. I am sure we could've eaten a bigger pie, but if we had done that, we probably wouldn't fit on the plane.

The service was excellent! This stood out to me as well. Our server was very friendly and attentive.

We had gone on a Thursday around 5 PM, and, surprisingly, it wasn't packed.

The nice thing is you can buy a frozen pizza or even order online. However, I don't think anything beats having it fresh from the oven.

I can't wait to come back for more!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Can't speak to long waits or service as we ordered delivery which took about an hour, which we expected. For family of four including 2 bottomless teenage boys, we ordered a medium Lou's and large pepperoni and individual side salad for around $60 including delivery and tip. After eating our fill, we had a large pizza and half a salad left over. The crust is buttery good and probably a billion calories but delicious. I don't usually like sausage but the Lou's special was really good. If getting it delivered, they will suggest to deliver it uncut to avoid sogginess. Good idea as there is lots of tomato liquid on top.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

It's one of the originals, dont settle for less, but there are a couple that are better. They have other things on their menu as well. Their thin pizza is good, not as good as their pan which is like chicago style.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Deep dish was good, all food was good!, great pizza and will be back! Little wait but not bad, highly recommend!