“Overblown, very noisy, and bad effects”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizzeria Due

Pizzeria Due
Ranked #151 of 9,495 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Williamsburg, VA
“Overblown, very noisy, and bad effects”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went there with a family group, and were looking forward to it very much, based on its reputation. the room is small and crowded, and very noisy. The wait staff have a habit of breaking into song, for reasons that were not immediately obvious. We had a group deal, with salad and three kinds of pizza. the salad was OK, but they didn't provide enough dressing.

As to the pizza (and you come for the great Chicago deep dish pizza, after all) was only so-so. It was not terrible, but I expected better. Also, I got an immediate attack of heart burn unlike anything I have ever had. I don't get this often, but this time, I didn't make it the two blocks back to the hotel before I was in pain. It went on for several hours, and antacids were only marginally effective.

I was there with my wife's family, and can assure you, I will not be going back.

• Korean first
“Fun Chicago Style Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Yummy! Great service. Waitress explains that orders take longer so recommended some appetizers. Great recommendation. Very enjoyable.

Panama City, Panama
“Real delicius Deep Dish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you go to Chicago and not eat this pizza, did not really stay in Chicago. Excellent sense of taste. The restaurant offers a cozy attention and variety of dishes at good price! every time I visit this city I feel compelled to visit! very delicious

• Visited January 2013
Saratoga Springs, Utah
“Searching for the deep dish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Fairly pricey, but huge portion. Outdoor seating was appreciated on a summer night. The wait staff was a bit sporadic; one person was very attentive, others not so much.

Billings, Montana
“Real Deep Dish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I wanted my wife to experience some genuine Chicago deep-dish pizza during our brief visit to IL, and Pizzeria Due came through. We were seated downstairs by the window facing Wabash and enjoyed people-watching while we had some appetizers. Be aware that real deep-dish pizza takes a while to prepare (30-40 minutes), so plan accordingly. We were not in a position to take leftovers with us, so we ordered 1 small pizza, which satisfied both of us after a day of sight-seeing and shopping in the city. Our section of the restaurant was decorated with historic pictures of Chicago, and it was a very fun experience to eat there. Our waiter was attentive and friendly too.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Pizzeria Due? Share your experiences!