“I'm a convert”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I went to Chicago believing no one could convince me of the merits of deep dish pizza. I was wrong. It was fab! Not quick... but crazy good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I stopped by here for a last dose of Chicago pizza before hitting the airport back home to LA. Pizza was great and being able to sit outside and take our time was nice. I'm torn between Gino's East and Uno's pizza (Pizzeria Due is an expansion of Pizzeria Uno across the street). Both are great with some differences. I'll be back again!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great service.
Pizza took 45 minutes, this was made clear at the beginning.

Deep dish was hard and crunchy at the bottom.
Pizza favors we're fresh and delicious.
No complaints, I was expecting a softer more substantial crust.
Perhaps I finally learned the true definition of a Chicago Deep Dish Pizza?

1  Thank Jn2jn2
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Mid afternoon on a Saturday, I went to Due with my family. This was after attempting to get into Giordanos (1.5 hr wait) and Unos (75 minute wait). A local walking her dogs suggested Due as we were walking to try for another pizza place. At Due, we were told the wait would be 45 minutes, but we were seated after only 15 minutes. This place is very cramped and dark, but it does have character. The service was a bit slow, but the place was packed and our waitress was very friendly. We ordered salad to split between the 5 of us, and it was very good. This was our first deep dish in Chicago (so our frame of reference is not one of experience), but this pizza was incredible and hit the spot. We all loved it, and would go back there again.

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Didn't know deep dish takes 40 minutes to bake!! Limited menu but still a selection of pizzas. Not a fan of deep dish but a must try when in Chicago.