“Perfect food from the sea”

Catch 35 Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch 35 Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 9,602 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Dearborn St.
Transit: Red line CTA – Washington/Lake stop; Blue line CTA – Clark/Lake stop Brown line CTA - State/Lake stop Orange line CTA - State/Lake stop
Washington, DC
“Perfect food from the sea”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The selection and freshness of the fish at Catch 35 is outstanding. I had swordfish--blackened and it was perfect in every way. Also, I loved the display of the beautiful pieces of fish. Even better there was nice entertainment that didn't overwhelm but added a nice flavor. The service was excellent. The sides were a nice compliment to the fish but since the fish is so delicious, I hardly remember the sides.The keylime pie was tart and great! I think my only recommendation would be to serve the fish with sides that are as great as the fish!

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Naperville
“One of our Favorites”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife ( and sometimes our daughters) go to Catch 35 about once a month. The small bar is good for a before dinner drink or stay there and enjoy some good bar food.
The restaurant offers a variety of meats and fish. I usually go for the fish which is always fresh and well prepared.
The wine offerings are good and reasonably priced.

If you have room for dessert try the Key Lime Pie.

AZ
“The room is better than the food”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I didn't want to wander far from my hotel so I ran two blocks in sub-zero weather to Catch 35. The ambience is terrific. The food not so much. I had that tuna poke and every single bite of tuna had gristle in it. No matter how good it tastes, it's no fun picking gristle out of your teeth. If you're going to serve fish, and particularly sushi, you need to know exactly how to prepare fish. My companion had the salmon, which was better but not much.
The server "over-shared" but didn't notice that I hadn't eaten much of my dinner. Unless someone can prove to me that it was an off night, I doubt I'll be back.

Visited February 2014
Norfolk, Nebraska
“Tasty”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband took me here for my birthday. House wine was good, recommended by our server. We had the sea bass and sword fish. Both entrees were wonderful. Jazz was playing in the background, soft enough for a conversation. My treat was a slice of key lime pie with a candle on top. Thank you for the pie, it was perfect. We will for sure go back when we go to Chicago on business.

St. Joseph, MI
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

During a cold winter weekend in Chicago we were celebrating my wife's birthday. Our kids had planned the weekend with a stay overnight and dinner at Catch 35. What a wonderful treat. We went early to eat as we were attending at 8pm theatre show. The atmosphere is wonderful, very spacious and well appointed. My wife had lobster and filet while I had the tuna sashimi, my first time having such a dish. Both were excellent. The waitstaff was very knowledgeable and pleasant. I mentioned we were celebrating my wife's birthday and when we were finished she brought out a little dessert with a candle. I'm sure we will return to Catch 35 next time we're in Chicago.

• Visited February 2014

Been to Catch 35 Seafood Restaurant? Share your experiences!