“A Nice Dining Experience”
Review of Catch 35

Catch 35
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch 35 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Dearborn St.
Transit: Red line CTA – Washington/Lake stop; Blue line CTA – Clark/Lake stop Brown line CTA - State/Lake stop Orange line CTA - State/Lake stop
Description: Premier seafood and steak restaurant located in Chicago's Theater district. Featuring ocean fresh seafood from the coastal waters of the United States to customers in the Chicago area. Premium quality steaks with an emphasis of seasonal gourmet sides and decadent desserts top off the menu.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I dined here and the food was fresh. The menu is average price, they had a gentleman plating the piano. That was a nice touch to the evening.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We chose this place because it was just a couple of blocks from a theater we'd targeted and our first choice (a nearby Italian) was booked. What a delight! Charming, competent server (Sheila) who really knew the menu and paced everything perfectly so we made the curtain with time to spare. Flawless martini for me, nice wine pick for my companion. Interesting starters (sashimi-like seared yellowtail for her; Szechuan scallops -- better than that sounds -- for me). Delish entrees (sea bass for her, halibut with just enough mushroom risotto for me). Split a feathery-light slice of Key Lime pie for dessert. Live music -- an Ella-like jazz singer with a small combo, nice -- coming from a bar area far enough away to make the volume just right for us. In all, a perfect beginning for what would be a great night in the theater. We'll be back, with or without a show.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We cancelled our reservation at a different, well known, elegant Chicago restaurant, to try the "fresh seafood" offered here. I was a little disappointed that it wasnt a little fancier, and although there was fresh seafood, there was a lot of items in a sauce or combined with noodles, etc. Not much to choose from in which the seafood was the center of the meal. We were pleased with our service and the food tasted very very good.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Catch 35 opened over 15 years ago when I lived in Chicago and I always thought it was the best seafood restaurant in the City. On a recent business trip I had opportunity to have a business lunch at Catch 35 and had a great experience.

The setting still looks good and up to date wth a bar at the front and a restaurant that tiers up as it goes back through the narrow space.

Service was excellent, although I remember in the past a talk about what was the most fresh that day. All of the guys at the table had seafood. One had the fish tacos which looked really good. I had blackened swordfish with a roasted pepper sauce. The fish was very fresh and the sauce was tasty. The fish was not over-blackened, which is a common execution. My dish came out piping hot. I really can't stand eating tepid seafood when it is supposed to be hot.

So why not 5 stars? While my dish was hot, it felt like it had been under the salamander for some time. It was almost too hot with the fish somewhat overcooked for my taste and the carrots on the plate were almost scorched on top. I know; minor annoyances. I would still pick Catch 35 as my go-to seafood place in Chicago.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Loved this restaurant. We had a good sized party (12 I think), but the service was still fantastic. Quick, good recommendations, always there when you needed something. The food was really good, but I wouldn't say it was phenomenal. The appetizers, the main course (sea bass) were simply quite good. Hence the 4/5. But do go. It's worth the visit.

Been to Catch 35? Share your experiences!