“Excellent seafood”

Catch 35 Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch 35 Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Dearborn St.
Transit: Red line CTA – Washington/Lake stop; Blue line CTA – Clark/Lake stop Brown line CTA - State/Lake stop Orange line CTA - State/Lake stop
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent dinner with Sashimi, White Fish and Halibut. All of it delicious.
However, the wine recommendation could be improved.

There are newer reviews for Catch 35 Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I tried this for the first time and we LOVED it. Made the reservation through Open Table, were seated right away at a lovely table away from the front. That is where the bar and the live jazz band were playing for the after work crowd. Our waiter Paul was attentive and friendly.
We started with a great bottle of wine, followed by the crab cake appetizer. Delicious, with a great sauce. We both ordered the prix fixe dinners for 29.95 and they were AWESOME? My wife had the salmon while I had the whitefish. Portions were large, hot, and very tasty. I started with the Caesar salad, one of the best I have had. She had the soup. For dessert I had the Key Lime pie while she had the sticky pudding with ice cream. Although neither of us had room, the dessert was so good that it magically disappeared. Crab cake appetizer was 14.95. Prix Fixe was 29.95. Most single glasses of wine were in the 8 - 13.00 range. Definitely recommend. Valet parking for 10.00!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

OK, OK. When you think about great seafood, I'll bet that Chicago does not come to mind as a place to go. Well, here is a spot that could change your mind: Catch 35 Seafood at 35 W. Wacker Drive - overlooking the Chicago River between N. State St. and N. Dearborn St. - a few steps west of Michigan Ave. The decor, the food choices, the service, the preparations and the presentations will add this restaurant to your list of all-time favorites. It certainly is high on the list that my wife and I have created after many, many years in many, many restaurants.

My favorite is the Sashimi Yellow Fin Tuna - the entrée of choice for both my wife and for me on our last visit. We started with the fried calamari and it was delicious. The only difficult part of visiting Catch 35 is trying to decide which items to sample - - from oysters to lobsters to Alaskan halibut - or an "Asian flair" chicken or shrimp? The only part of the menu that I have not explored is the selection of premium steaks -- although a visitor from a coastal city known for fish might find that appealing.

My salad choice was the Maytag Blue Cheese and baby lettuce salad with walnuts and pears - an excellent choice! The wine list is lengthy and complete - and our bottle was superb - a featured wine, a Chenin Blanc from the Vouvray region of France.

The atmosphere was perfect for our occasion: it was our 30th wedding anniversary - and we planned a celebratory weekend in Chicago. After our dinner we had dessert in the jazz bar at the front of the restaurant - what a great way to wind down at the end of a long day. Great jazz from a pianist, a string bass player, and a female vocalist - with a glass of Cognac to make it perfect.

A reservation is a good idea. I predict that you will be glad that you read this review and that you took my advice to visit Catch 35. We'll probably see you there because we will be back - often.

1  Thank MovinOn2
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our last evening in Chicago and we experienced the best meal we had in Chicago for 4 days. Service was attentive, menu selections were varied and those we tried were prepared perfectly! If a choice must be made between the Chicago Chop House and Catch 35, chose Catch 35.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had business in the Chicago Loop and dropped in here for lunch on 5/23. Perfect...oysters were great, calamari magnificent, salads fabulous, service great. So we went back for dinner after a show on Synday. Again, perfect. entrees were great and, again, service great. This place can be pricey, but not by Loop standards, and, of course, we'd love to have oysters that were less than $2.25 each. But with food of this quality, life is an oyster.

Been to Catch 35 Seafood Restaurant? Share your experiences!