“Excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Keefer's - CLOSED

Keefer's
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dearborn Street
Transit: All "L Stops" meet at the State of Illinois, Thompson Building at Clark and Lake Streets. After disembarking the train, proceed two blocks North on Clark Street to Kinzie Street. Make a right and go one block over to Dearborn. The restaurant is on the corner of Dearborn and Kinzie Street.
Ft. Worth
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I love good food, but excellent service really takes it to the next level. Every person in our party of 5 loved their steaks or seafood, and John's excellent and friendly service made it a great night for us all.

1 Thank Deborah597

New City, New York
“Always a great experience -- lunch, dinner, business, pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

I always try to have a meal at Keefer's whenever I visit Chicago on business. First class restaurant. Service and food are always outstanding. Whether you want to grab a quick lunch or leisurely dinner Keefer's is one of the best. Knowledgeable wait staff and great chefs. This time I had the fish tacos and carrot ginger soup. Both hit the spot and I was in and out in 30 minutes without feeling rushed. I was staying at the Langham hotel a few blocks away so I knew right where to go. The owner, Glenn Keefer who is very friendly usually comes by to make sure everything is great and chats for a while. This makes the overall experience even better and more personal. I heard recently that he will be leaving the business to do other things which is unfortunate but I enjoyed dining there every time. Good luck Glenn if the rumor is true.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lutherville, Maryland
“Steak and Frittes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

A late meal means ordering from Keefers Bistro options: steak and frittes: a great slab of steak cooked to order with a well presented order of shoestring fries. At 27 bucks it's one of the better values at Keefers. My starter of gumbo did not impress, though. Service and personality are top shelf at this great Chicago spot. Get ready for a great meal.

Kanab, UT
“Service BELOW Average: Not up to expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Ate here with a friend 5/19 for dinner.

After reading great TA reviews, was really looking forward to a great meal.

While both our filets were cooked as ordered, they both came to the table less than hot. Our server was pleasant but did not even come back to check on our meals until we were 3/4 through with our steaks. Even then he did not ask how anything was, only asking what kind of beer my friend wanted. The manager was seen twice coming out from the kitchen but he too never stopped by our table to check on our experience. Bussers were efficient and pleasant.

Appetizer of asparagus wrapped prosciutto with fontina fondue was excellent.

Au gratin potatoes and crispy onions were OK as sides but nothing spectacular.

Banana cream pie was average.

Overall, underwhelming experience mainly due to disengaged staff & management. Expected much more from the reviews we'd read.

Hopefully this was only an "off" night but with so many other steak houses in Chicago to choose from, I would not recommend and will not return.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This steak restaurant is pretty good. We were there with two small kids and the waiter was excellent serving them and making sure their food came out first. It's not a budget restaurant by any means but the food is worth it.