“Authentic Italian”
Review of Coco Pazzo

Coco Pazzo
Reserve with OpenTable
Coco Pazzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #180 of 9,765 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Franklin
Transit: CTA Brown Line Train - Merchandise Mart stop
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The menu at Coco Pazzo could just as easily be found in a restaurant in Lazio. They source terrific ingredients and let them guide the cuisine. There is a freshness in every dish and an ideal balance between tradition and the chef's imagination. The antipasti have a particularly Roman flair, but the rest of the menu also includes dishes representing the Veneto and Firenza. The last night we were there included two specials featuring white truffles. The atmosphere is stylish but relaxed with exposed beams and brick. Service is attentive, and the servers are well informed about the menu. Ask for a table by a window as the middle of the room is crowded.

1  Thank jericholake

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant with friend's who live in Chicago and love Coco Pazzo. It was amazing. Our server was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. His recommendations were spot on. The food was excellent!! The risotto with white truffles was amazing, as well as the fettuccine with quail. Everything from appetizer's to dessert, was amazing! Best meal we had while in Chicago !!

1  Thank Lovevaca118
Reviewed November 16, 2013

A friend and I had a reservation for 7:30 pm, I was early so it was suggested I go to the bar. The bar was full and is in the middle of the dining room so there was really no place to stand and wait. The bartender was very unaccommodating. There were several spots at the bar set for a reservation (at the bar?), he pointed out that they were reserved. When I a spot opened at the bar, he didn't offer to move me. Very poor service at the bar from beginning to end. It was after 8 pm, we still had not been seated, there was a 2 top that had not been occupied the hour that I was there. After we asked for the third time, they finally sat us at that open table.

Food was good but nothing exceptional, over priced for lamb shank and polenta. The service at the table was good,

I think the ambiance is marginal, very big room not good space planning. Oh, one more thing, be careful we going to the restroom, they are very poorly marked. My friend walked into the men's room

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Ate here with a large group recently. This was not my first visit but it had been several years. I found the restaurant virtually unchanged. The food is very good and the menu is quite varied. I may not have made the best choice because some of my friends dishes looked much beter than mine frankly. Service was OK if a bit confused. Wine order never showed up- dishes given to the wrong person- a bit sloppy.
Overall it was a decent meal but not sure I'd go again given the other choices in the area.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Our Chicago host said this was the place to go! Wonderful lunch with a good variety of entrees offered at a reasonable price. We had reservations so seating was immediate and service great. You know that if the locals eat there, it must be good!

1  Thank Roberts08