“Superb service a la carte!”
Review of Coco Pazzo

Coco Pazzo
Reserve with OpenTable
Coco Pazzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Franklin
Transit: CTA Brown Line Train - Merchandise Mart stop
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have been to Coco Pazzo on each of our two trips to Chicago - September 2012 and with friends in January 2013. both times did not disappoint. The service was off the charts with wait staff anticipated your next wish even before you knew what you wanted. The ambiance is warm and inviting despite the large loft like space and the food, well that was delicious. Great selection of dishes but make sure to order one of the pasta dishes - 10+

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We've been to several Tuscan eateries around Chicago and this was good, but not a favorite. We dined here Christmas Eve with friends.The atmosphere is very nice and the service was unhurried which we really appreciated. We ordered the Antipasti Misti for the table and everything was very tasty. The items sit out at room temp so you actually taste flavors. Our friends ordered chicken under a brick and enjoyed it. I chose the seafood stew. While the broth was good, it was mostly calamari and I has a few bad baby clams and that just ruined it for me. One I can understand , but a few makes me wonder how long the seafood was sitting around. My boyfriend ordered the wild boar ravioli. The homemade pasta itself was very tender. The desserts were good, but nothing special. I only gave this 3 stars because of the seafood stew. I would probably return at some point.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Tried this restaurant on the recommendation of our hotel concierges. He claimed to be a foodie so I had big expectations which weren't quite fulfilled. Had the risotto appetizer which was nice, but was disappointed in the seafood special. The kids were charmed by the very friendly Italian Mairte d' and the atmosphere was warm and pleasant.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is one of our favorite restaurants. It is a very lively and busy place located in the River North Area, behind the Merchandise Mart. Reservations are imperative. The menu is what I would probably call contemporary Italian. They serve excellent pasta as well as fish and meat. It is NOT a traditional simple Italian joint. It is a very classy place in a very contemporary setting. The service is outstanding and the wine list is extraordinary. They serve a good drink and allow us to sit and chat. Then we typically start with their antipast misti selection but sometimes we share a first course (because they are large). We also usually have one of their pasta dishes. The duck pappardelle is one of my all time favorites. Add one of their wonderful super Tuscan wines and I am in heaven. Desserts are also great and appropriately light..While I do not usually pay too much attention to bread, their bread selections are great and worth trying.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The is a must! We were in Chicago for four days and dined here twice! Under the guidance of its owner, Jack, the food, ambiance and service are exceptional

Never make a trip here without a visit